Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8151/7433877932_13ee5b1341.jpg
Torin by Oddori, on Flickr

Cheers guys :hugs:

Bumpy would love to meet up once the weather clears :) Sounds like a great plan!
Vixx you're right about it not being pleasant!
Think I'll need to go & get stronger painkillers off my GP!
All the aches & pains are so worth it though! Love my wee guy :cloud9:

He's lovely Oddori! Fantastic hair do :)
Hope you're both settling in ok?

Quick question for you ladies, how long does it take you to feed your LO's?
It seems to take us forever and its leaving me hesitant to head out for long as I'm not sure I'm ready for the hassle of setting up camp somewhere to try and feed, so I was wondering how you guys were getting on?

Soooooooo cute Oddori!

Bf is going well for me. I am looking forward to him not needing as many feeds, currently feeding him every two hours all day and night and feeds last around twenty minutes although sometimes longer if he isn't satisfied with just the one. I can't remember with my girl but when did your lo's need less feeds? Xx

It takes us about an hour to get through a full feed & change if we are doing well, plus up to an hour of settling if Gabriel is fussy. He feeds one side for about 20 minutes, then I do a midway winding, change him, then feed the other side for 15-20 minutes depending how long he was asleep before the feed started. It's the winding and settling that takes time. At least we do go about 3 hours between feeds at night. He's got himself on an 11:30pm, 3:30am, 7:30am schedule the last four or five nights in a row. I did nothing to encourage that apart from feeding him on demand. Daytime is more irregular, and some evenings he cluster feeds from dinner time till about midnight, so it's still hard to arrange to get out of the house. I've fed him in public a couple of times now, and it was fine, I just need to find somewhere comfortable for a while. The mobile phone pay parking top-up thing is a godsend.

I was originally told that Finlay should be satisfied by a 20min feed and I should be feeding him every 2-3 hours. I tried it but it just doesn't suit Finlay so I've gone back to following my own instincts and his demands. He prefers to eat for 30-45 mins and likes to eat approx. every 3-4 hours, though can go up to 6 hours without stirring. I allow an hour for feeds too as we have fights to get him to feed. I started off writing down when he demands food and then planning my day around the trends I've spotted in his feeding habits. I often take a bottle of expressed with me in case I'm caught shirt.

Oddori - you can eat Torin right up! He's lovely. xxx

Congratulations Odorri!! A friend of mine has a wee boy called Torrin. Lovely name and what a cutie!!

Welcome to the thread Princess. :wave:

Sorry I havent been posting. As you probably gathered I had my baby daughter Daisy last week (weighing in at 8lbs 3 and a half ounces) and things have been slightly manic since. Was in hospital until Wednesday as ended up having an emergency section so been trying to get into a routine since I got home.

Ive finally mastered breast feeding which is a relief as I almost jacked it in within the first few days I found it so difficult. She just wanted to feed constantly and I kept thinking I was doing something wrong. Last 2 nights she has only woken once for a feed so Im hoping that continues. The first 2 nights at home were a nightmare. She was just constantly feeding and I got practically no sleep whatsoever (which Im sure you are all familiar with!)

If anyone has sore/cracked nipples still a great tip which I was told to day and tried is to put breastmilk on your nipple and leave to dry then put nipple cream on and cover your nipple with cling film (seran wrap) for as long as you can. Obviously only do this during the day so you dont forget the cling film is on there as it could be dangerous otherwise! It totally works!!

Anyway, hope you are all well and I will hopefully be able to start posting more often again now Im getting a bit of sleep! Here is Daisy Jean....

Attachments

• Daisy210612.jpg
    Daisy210612.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5
  • P1010790.jpg
    P1010790.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 5
gorgeous babies all of you that have posted! Well done! Sorry I am having a hard time posting with trying to move and all my kids and newborn it has been a little rougher then I thought. I sure miss all you ladies! hugs and love to all and will try and keep in touch a bit better!:)

Oh Sunshine, Daisy is adorable! Worth waiting for and worth every bit of that long labour. So glad to hear that BF is working and that you are home and getting settled. I will try the cling wrap trick - my cracks are still open, but at least they are pink and healing, not raw anymore. :flower:

Was in agony the day before yesterday & went to my GP to get stronger painkillers. The midwife came yesterday & sent me straight to maternity triage. My episiotomy & tear stitches have broken down. They readmitted me to hospital, was on the list to go to theatre today but the consultant thinks it would be better if I complete a course of oral anti-biotics & go back in in a week (completed 3 lots of prophylactic IV anti-b's overnight). So that's what's happening. I thought I was in so much pain due to the forceps delivery. Seemingly the episiotomy was quite sizeable & looks terrible :cry:
The surgeon that stitched me up after delivery came to see me this morning and was so apologetic.

Daisy is such a beautiful wee girl Sunshine :flower:

Poor you Oddori. My stitches held up and it still seriously hurt. I can't even imagine what pain you must be in now. Hope you start feeling better soon xxx

Derek is one month old today!

Attachments

• DSC01007.jpg
    DSC01007.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 6
Hope your ok Oddori.

Aww Derek is so cute serenity.

Well we had Dylan weighed at just under three weeks old, he is now 9lb 6oz and put on 1 pound 2oz in the week just gone! Well I obviously know he is feeding alot but I was really shocked! Lol! Hope the rest of you are good xx

Serenity, I cant believe Derek is a month old!!

Admiral, thats fab! He must be getting big! The health visitor weighed Daisy yesterday and she has put on 7oz in a week so is now 8lb 10 and half (birth weight 8lb 3 and a half) She is a little chubster but she feeds like a maniac so its to be expected I guess!

Glad Daisy is doing well Hun! I feel like feeding is all I'm doing at the moment! Was up so much last night, had a go at my husband this morning! Obviously he can't help with feeds, Dylan just needed settling to sleep at one point, he picks him up for 5 minutes, said something angrily under his breathe and put him back in the cot whining so I had to get him and listen to my husband snoring! Lol! I was up at half 11, half 1, 2, 3, half four, half five, half six and half 7! Sometimes he needed feeding, others just comforting but I thought he would help out with the comforting if I'm up for half an hour feeding each time! Sorry for rambling! Lol xx

Admiral mine is only doing stuff in the night if i specifically wake him and ask. we have been arguing like crazy since daisy was born. :(

Oh sunshine hope you can get it sorted. Have you tried talking to him? Broken sleep is just the worse! Thankfully my husband agreed that his attempt last night was crappy and he said he will do better! I don't like him waking to do anything during the week when he works the next day but I expect a bit more help at the weekend! Saying that though, I can't get a nap at the moment anyway coz dylan usually wants a feed and it's tiring looking after my toddler and baby! I'm just trying to focus on it getting easier! Xx

We have spoken now and its mostly sorted. Alot of it has to do with me having had a section and not being able to do very much but when I ask him to help he thinks im getting him to do mundane crap that I dont want to do. Daisy is only waking once in the night for a feed now so I reckon once we get more sleep it will be easier. I cant imagine having a baby and a toddler to contend with. I dont think I could manage!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->