Hello babies! - IAB's weekly threads. D days and newborns :)

I had my second sweep this afternoon. If nothing happens I get induced tomorrow @ 08:45.
Fingers crossed the sweep starts something... Really don't fancy being induced but needs must I guess.

Hope all your gorgeous babies are well :flower:

Sunshine hope you've had your wee one by now. Thinking of you.

xxx

Really hope it works for you hun!
I was induced in the end too and I was so scared but it turned out just fine. They gradually increase it so it was bearable. Not gonna lie it was intense, I had him within two and a half hours of them starting the drip but in a way I got it over and done with fast and got to meet him sooner! Lol xx

Thank you :flower:
I'm totally bricking it! Thanks for the reassurance. Appreciate it so much!
xxx

Good luck tomorrow Oddori. Fingers crossed things start by themselves overnight x

hi ladies congradulations to every one who has had there babies.
I was wondering if I could join?
I'm have a scheduled c-section for july 6th but am already 75% effaced and fingertip dialated (which by the way I dont have a clue what that means)
but cant wait for my littleboy to get here

We arrived at the hospital at about 08.35 & the ward sent me for a scan. When we got back to the ward they had given my bed to the labour ward.. They said there should be another bed free in a few hours so we came home to wait. Just had a phone call from one of the midwives to ask if we would be ok doing this tomorrow instead, to phone up at 08:30 to see if there was a bed free. Majorly hacked off. Got myself all mentally ready to do this today. Argh!!

That's a joke Oddori, I'm sure you're raging. Hope you get sorted out asap and get to meet your LO very soon.

Any news Sunshine? Hope by now you're just too busy or mesmerized to get online :) Looking forward to hearing the news xx

Sunshine has another thread on 3rd tri...she had a ...oh nevermind you find out cause I dont want to spoil it! :) how is everyone?

Thanks IAB. I've just spotted it. So pleased to read her news. Sunshine we need an update here - stat!

That's awful Oddori! Would be great if you just go in labour! Lol! Xx

hi ladies congradulations to every one who has had there babies.
I was wondering if I could join?
I'm have a scheduled c-section for july 6th but am already 75% effaced and fingertip dialated (which by the way I dont have a clue what that means)
but cant wait for my littleboy to get here

Of course! Any progress / symptoms for you? Nx

Has anyone heard from akerie?

Hi myprincessb! :flower:
Not heard anything NotNic, last login was 24th of May I think, really worried about her! I have sent her a pm so she can see it straight away when and if she logs back on again xx

We have ten new toes to tickle :)
Our son, Torin, was born yesterday at 13:36 @ Simpsons Maternity Hospital. He was 9lb exactly & 59cm long!!

Admiral you were right! I did :)
My waters broke at 01:00 yesterday & by 02:00 my contractions were 2-3 mins apart.
Managed to get to 8cm with just gas & air and my trusty TENS machine. After this it got a tad mental & I had most painkillers known to man & an epidural. As he was bigger than expected they had to use forceps & because of his big shoulders I had an episiotomy & also tore quite badly. The surgeon took quite a while sewing me back together..
He is beautiful & I am so happy :cloud9:
Will post pics when I get home from hospital.

Omg congratulations Oddori! I am a great believer in that everything happens for a reason, he just wanted to come on his own! So happy for you! Rest up, it sounds like you went through some! At least he is here now and your both ok :happydance: xx

Congratulations Oddori!! There was obviously something about the 7th June due date babies being pickles! ;) You must be over the moon to have him here. Can we see piccies?

The episiotomy can make you very uncomfortable, so make sure you keep the painkillers up. If they don't give you anything get your OH to buy you some volterol and make sure you take them regularly. Also the gigantic maternity pads are wonderful for cushioning. :) I wore double pads and was able to walk about. Just try not to do too much in the beginning.

Congratulations Oddori! So glad your LO is here and you avoided induction.
I had to have forceps etc as well, not pleasant but I'm healing well and I'm sure you will too.

Congrats again x

Congratulations Oddori! Take it easy while you're in hospital, and take the painkillers on time - I made the mistake of trying to go off them too soon and really paid for it. When you've had some time at home to get sorted, pm me if you'd like to hang around with some other new Edinburgh moms. Most of my antenatal class has given birth now and we're planning some botanic garden meet-ups with us and a few other first timers when the weather improves and everyone is moderately sane again. :flower:

Bumpy I'm with you on that one! I kept complaining that I was sore and realising I had gone 6 hours plus without taking anything. My hospital also doesn't prescribe anything, so I went a few days on paracetemol which frankly doesn't cut it! :) once I realised what I needed I felt much better.

How's everyone finding breast feeding? I was at my NCT group lunch today and we all agreed that labour was less stressful and easier yo do than breastfeeding!

How's everyone finding breast feeding? I was at my NCT group lunch today and we all agreed that labour was less stressful and easier yo do than breastfeeding!

Breastfeeding is a real challenge! I got the hang of the cross-cradle hold, but my nipples are still cracked on the outside edge from the first week's learning to latch. I was also having some lumpiness on the outside of the breasts that meant the ducts on those sides weren't being properly emptied. It was suggested by the health visitor that I try Gabriel in the rugby hold and that is working out very well for us. My cracks are starting to heal and all the ducts are soft after a feed now as his jaw is working the outside of the breast rather than the inside. I fed him in semi-public earlier this week (visiting yoga class) and will probably feed him in public today as we are going out for the afternoon. I find the rugby hold is better for privacy than cross-cradle for us - my breasts are very large and it is easier to get him on fast and to keep covered when he is beside me rather than in front. I've been practicing placing a muslin or burp cloth as an extra privacy screen, too - not that I am particularly concerned about showing in public for myself, but I would prefer not to attract unnecessary attention. I do not want to be the subject of a news story. Thank goodness in Scotland it is the law that women can breastfeed their babies in public, even if I want to whip out the whole 38JJ mass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->