Hello everybump!

avabear73

Mum to Finlay
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm new here, just found you today. I'm 35, married with a dog and two bunnies. Pregnant with our first, due in August.

A brief bit of history - I'm an only child and never felt maternal. I always wanted to be an Auntie, but never a Mum. I met my (now) husband when I was 17, started going out with him at 19. He has a brother and sister who both have 2 kids each, so I was an instant Auntie! Great! He always wanted kids, but we both knew from the outset that it may never happen because I just didn't want it - and he was happy with that. We're lucky - 16 years down the line and we're the very best of friends and happy just to be together. Anyway as the years passed, I mellowed a little ... then a little more ... then I had to have an ovary and tube removed along with a huge cyst. That was early '06. At that point we really felt our chances were reduced but we weren't financially stable enough for a baby anyway. We worked at it for 2 years, got the money sorted out and spoke about trying in January '09.

We let nature take it's course, and the very first time ... I fell pregnant!!! Couldn't believe it. :bfp:

Anyway I'm 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant ... still stunned ... due on August 12th, the day after hubby's birthday!!!

That's our story ... looking forward to getting to know you all!!

:hug:

Welcome to the site! i'm new here as well, i've been like you and happy to be an Auntie but me and my hubby are trying and i can't wait to have my own mini one!

Hi! :hi:

I'm sure you'll love the site and make lots of new friends! :)

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months

Wow thanks for the welcomes! Some of you have REALLY cute pictures in your avatars and siggies!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->