Hello everyone!

crackle

Early days :)
Reaction score
:hi:Been reading posts for a few weeks now and it seems so friendly that I've finally decided to join in! Having a bit of a dilemma at the moment. I'm 33, been married for a few months (been with DH for 7 years) and we've decided to start TTC next month. Well, I say next month but I just don't know! Got loads of events to go to in July (read: want to have a few drinks!) and was also planning on going on safari at the end of August but would need vaccinations/malaria tablets etc which could delay trying for a couple of months. But then I'm 33 and worry that it might not happen straight away and then i'd regret leaving it just for a holiday and a few drinks. TBH, i wish i was 5 years younger! Just still seems to be so many things i want to do. Does anyone else feel this way?

Hi and welcome to BnB :hi:

Sounds like you have a lot planned! If it was me personally I think I would hold off TTC until after the safari, it sounds like its something you want to do and it would be impossible with a baby! Im sure you still got plenty of time, 33 isnt that old!!

Best of luck when you do start trying xxx

Hello and welcome!

I would be inclined to go and have your safari holiday and then start trying after that - you cant really be having all those injections etc when you are ttc, and for the sake of a few months, why miss out on a fantastic holiday? Good luck with it all

xxx

hello and welcome :hi: wishing you lots of luck what ever you decide :D

Hello and welcome xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi and welcome!

I think it depends on your future plans as well. Do you just want the one? Then I think I wouldn't worry so much about a few months. If you've got more planned, I'd get cracking if it was me. But that's just it. Noone here can tell you what to do, just what we would do in your situation. In the end you still have to listen to your heart and see what's the right way for you. I just think that I, if I was in your place, would much rather miss a great holiday than find myself in a position where it's hard to conceive a baby and think "what if it was that one holiday".
Also I think there's never a right time, there'll always be something you want to do first. So I guess I'd set a time (before or after this holiday) and then just go for it, no matter what else comes along.

I was in your situation almost exactly. My son is what happened instead of our safari! In fact, I got my BFP the day we were supposed to go put our deposit down on the trip! In my case, I lead the trips and had been a few times already, so I wasn't too torn about it. I did feel bad for the company, but they had lots of notice to find me a replacement.
It's hard to say. I think I would TTC right away and see what happens. Or you could start charting, so that you get familiar with your cycle and know when and if you are ovulating, etc. Then you can jump right into TTC when you get back. I think life is so full of exciting adventures, there will always be something to make you put it off just one more time, if you know what I mean?
Good luck with your decision and welcome to the forum!:)

P.S. For the sake of a couple of months I would wait too and go for the holiday, I can't believe that little time would make a big difference to your TTC.

Hi and welcome to BnB. I personally would go on the safari, it could be a once in a lifetime thing and wouldn't wanna miss out. 33 isn't old hun but it's your decision to make. Good luck in what ever you choose

Wellcome!!!!
I'd do the partying/hols and then go for a little one. 3 months go by in no time, you'll see. xxxxx

Welcome to WTT :) I would personally go on your holiday and then TTC, 3 months isnt a very long time to put things off for,u can then look back in yrs to come and say you did what u wanted first before having babies :) xx

Hello and welcome.
If it means only waiting a few months to do a few things for yourself i guess i would wait.
Good luck with what you decide
x

Thanks everyone! It's great to get some feedback, although I'm still no closer to making a decision! I think Amygdala and Sarahkka, you've got it spot on - there will always be something to put it off for, that's why it's such a dilemma for me at the moment. It's a great idea to set a date and stick to it - that's what we have done but now the date is close it's getting scary!
Thanks to those of you who said 33 isn't old - i keep telling myself that but other people act like you're ancient! There aren't many of my friends left that don't have children so i'm starting to feel the pressure i think.
Anyway, i have an appointment to see a nurse on Tuesday about what vaccinations i could have that are safe and i'll see what happens from there. Thanks again for your welcomes and advice, hope i get to know you all well over the coming months!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->