Hello, I'm new. And pregnant.

lisaf33

Reaction score
This is my first posting on this site.

I had a miscarriage at the end of March when I was 10 weeks. The baby had stopped growing at 7+1 and I had been carrying on until I had some brown discharge. I had a surgical abortion on 1 April and went through a pretty awful couple of weeks afterwards.

DH and I had been waiting to try again, but for the past week or two I've had a sneaking suspicion for the last couple of weeks that I might be pregnant again and did the Clearblue test and I'm pregnant, 2-3 weeks apparently.

Cue instant feelings of guilt - have been drinking quite a lot recently and working 16 hour days and am flying to Switzerland tomorrow to work more 16 hour days... cue more feelings of guilt.

Am now very very worried that I have set myself up for another miscarriage. I would hate hate hate to go thorough one of them again.

Advice? ANyone else get a positive test after a few weeks that aren't necessarily on the sober side of things?

I can't work out if I'm happy or not.

Hun dont worry about the drinking lots of people who have worse problems than getting a little drunk now and then and healthy little baby's so Im sure you will be fine sorry for your previous loss hun sending you loads of sticky :dust: for you and this bubba xxxxx

Hi, i am so sorry to hear about your mm/c, i had the same thing in Feb. I din't drink or smoke and i took my pre natals every day. If is is going to happen then it will. There are plenty of heroin addicts and alcoholics who have perfect little babies so i wouldn't worry about it chick. Just relax and enjoy the next few months!

congrats! have a healthy, happy pregnancy!

Congratulations on your :bfp: wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months and beyond xxx

welcome and huge congratulations :hi: i think we all feel very nervous when we first get that :bfp:, i remember i did!! have a wonderful 9months xx

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your replies.

I have decided to take the 'what will be will be' attitude and just roll with it. I've already experienced the very worst of what can happen so this time will either be successful (please, God), or the same so there are no unexpecteds on the horizon!

I'm going to try not to worry every time I feel some wetness down there (sorry, WAY TMI!) and just take each day as it comes.

So, fingers crossed!

x

Happy for you!Congrats! Try to relax and enjoy :)

Sorry about your loss, but remember that most pregnancies following a miscarriage are successful. Congratulations and Good Luck!

congrats! Sending lots of sticky :dust:

Fingers crossed for a happy and healthy pregnancy. Congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"