Hello lovelies! Pregnant with a brain tumour!

O

Octavia.

Hi I am Octavia. Mummy to two girlies ages 5.5 and nearly 4. In april 2014 i had a mmc and then subsequently struggled to conceive, i have endometriosis and also as it turns out i have a tumour up in my brain area! Sounds much more exciting than it is. But in december i was started on meds for my tumour and low n behold, positive pregnancy test!
I am scared that ill have another mmc and find out at the scan the baby has died but for now i am keeping as positive as i can and going with the flow! I live in yorkshire and look forward to getting to know you x

Hi :hi: wow you have a lot going on right now! I guess all you can do is try to keep positive and enjoy every second of this pregnancy. Hopefully that will be a very long time to enjoy! How many weeks are you? Do you have any scans booked yet? (Ps. I am a Yorkshire lass too - unfortunately not living there now) xx

Hi :hi: wow you have a lot going on right now! I guess all you can do is try to keep positive and enjoy every second of this pregnancy. Hopefully that will be a very long time to enjoy! How many weeks are you? Do you have any scans booked yet? (Ps. I am a Yorkshire lass too - unfortunately not living there now) xx

I am about 6/7 weeks according to last pperiod but I expect to be put baca week as I usually have longer cycles. You?
And funnily Im not from Yorkshire but live here, we mustve swapped lol :haha: good to meet you xx

I'm 7w+2. My booking in appt isn't until 25th Feb which feels ages away. And then I'll be waiting for my 12 week (ish) scan. This is our first so I'm desparate for that! Kind of doesn't feel real even though I'm exhausted and nauseous most of the time!!

What happens with your medication? Are you able to continue taking it whilst pregnant?

Hi and welcome! I'm in yorkshire too :) Fingers crossed for your sticky bean xxx

Hi octavia, welcome and congrats! I was born in North Yorkshire, live in Scotland now though (much colder!)

Hope you're keeping well. What a rollercoaster for you! Are you having treatment for the tumour while you're pregnant. Hope it doesn't add to the sickness 🙈

Hi :wave:
Congratulations on your pregnancy - fingers crossed for a sticky bean!

A fellow yorkshire lass here too! xx

Hello :) Massive congratulations !!!!! 😊 xxxxxxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy and I'm so sorry about your brain tumour! It must be very bitter sweet for you at the moment. My dad had sugery to remove his brain tumour 2 weeks ago so i know the emotional affects and shock finding out about a brain tumour can bring!

Where about in your brain is the tumour? Have they given you a treatment plan for whilst your pregnant or do you wait until after you have had the baby?

And just wanted to say congrats again!!

Congrats on your BFP! I hope you take care of yourself and manage to keep well and enjoy your pregnancy. You're so strong doing all this - it's like a blessing I bet! x

Welcome to first tri! I was actually waiting to find out if I have cancer as they found a lot of tumors in my colon. So they still need removed but we're not taking it as it comes with my surgeon and my blood work is still good and white cels not elevated so no one is worrying. I actually had an MRI this Friday, the 12th to see if the tumors are anywhere else in my body and that's had to be cancelled now. I can't take my meds and I was really ill today but I have faith in my doctors. It can be scary, but we can do this. Just go with what your doctor says as they know best xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->