Hello....new to the dieting world and would love some advice!

britt1986

Reaction score
A little history:

Before becoming pregnant with LO I was a little overweight for my height (5'2", 165lbs) which I thought was fine. I felt great and thought I looked fine and so I would love to get back to that.

Now 1 year after LO I am 210lbs and hating it. I look like a fat blob and I am not happy about it. When I was 22 weeks pregnant i left my job because DH and I decided being a SAHM was the best thing. My job was pretty physical. I worked in a styrofoam factory and was on my feet all day long and constantly on the move, so maintaining my weight was no problem at all, but now that I am a SAHM I don't get the physical excersize I did when I worked and find myself sitting and eating more than getting up and actual doing something.

But I want that to change today! I really don't want to go on a strict diet. I basically just want to watch my portion sizes and instead of eating cookies or chips as a snack, eat an apples or some other fruit or veggie.

The one thing I am stumped on is excersize. I don't even know where to begin or what to do. I am no where near as fit as I was before LO and need to start out with something light, but I don't know what?

If anyone has any advice for a first timer it would greatly be appreciated. A simple diet and excersize routine?

i started out in exercise bike 10min sessions x 3 times a day.
then too 12min, 15min etc. I seen the differance.
then i started using the wii & fitness workout games
then i bought a cross trainer now all i do is run after my girls & go for walks i haf put exercise stuff in storage for the mo & sold my wii.

Walk.... put LO in stroller and go for long walks. keep moving, do housework or a work out dvd whilst lo naps. count calories i find is the easiest 'diet' :) good luck x

i couldnt finish what i started my phone was dying

how i started off was, cut down on take away food/premade food/fast food.
then i cut down, then to completely cutting out fizzy drinks
adding veg/lettuces to every meal i could
drinking at least 2 glasses of water ( in the beginning i could never drink more than 1 glass of fluid a day so was very hard for me for 2)
smaller yet proper sized portions.

etc little changes at a time.

most of what the others have said really :)

I'm following WW which has made me be accountable for my intake. I watch my portion sizes, try to have more veg throughout the day, cut out all sodas etc. I don't really exercise, though I do take walks with Hannah etc. that helps count towards my activity points.

Good luck!

I recommend zumba tapes. Simply because getting the moves takes practice anyway, and while you're getting used to it you're working out at a lower level than when you master every thing. In other words, the difficulty naturally progresses on it's own.

I also recommend walking. Do a few miles 3-4 days a week. If you can't move the first day after walking because of soreness, tone it down a bit. If you're mildly sore, stick with it or even kick it up a notch.

Your body is wonderful at telling you what's working and what isn't :) You just have to be able to read the signs.

And I also recommend eating 5-6 times a day, in small portions. 3-4 regular meals (though smaller than you've been eating) and a few snacks in between.

Ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins) is a great snack. Fruits and veggies straight from the stand are always a good choice, too.

As far as meals go, more lean meat, complex carbs (100% whole wheat bread/noodles, brown rice, quinoa), and more greens is always a healthy direction!

Good luck! You can definitely do it!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->