Hello :) our journey begins

bluebumble

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello :) we are new to adoption. We have just had our sw initial visit and are due to go in the information day and prep course in May. Nervewracking but exciting too :) :happydance:

Hello blue bumble lovely to hear your joining the adoption group doesn't seem to be many here. Do you have any idea what sex/ age your wanting, hoping for?

Hi

Your from Durham? Just down the road from us and our adoption agency is in Durham :)

We are hoping for siblings, one pre school and one school age :) you?

I see your nearly at panel? How have you found things so far?

Yes our agency is in Durham are you with va or la? If va we probably at same one lol. We have found it good so far our agency is fantastic and hopefully the rest will go just as smoothly. We hoping to get approved for per school x

Ours is a va (dfw) small world!! My sister is with the same agency too lol

Same here when did your sister do prep course?

Ok this is a bit strange... :haha: wait til it turns out you sat next to each other during lunch or something... :haha:

Hahaha not that I know of! She did it last October :) they are doing home study at the moment. She is called Sarah?

Hi!! :hi:

So far we have learnt a lot, had an info day, had initial interviews with both an LA and VA, and have decided VA are the way forward! Our SW had lots of positives to say when she came to our home, the only concern she raised was some outstanding debt we have. We were quite suprised as we felt it is managed well and has little impact on our finacials. Anyway, she said she would have approved us there and then to submit a formal application if we were debt free, but as we weren't she would have to discuss with her manager. So in the meantime me and DF (and our amazing family) decided to clear it so that it didn't continue to be a problem going forward. Our SW is delighted (so she said!) and as soon as we have written confirmation it is cleared we will be on the next prep. There is one in June but we are away, plus that maight be cutting it a bit fine :shrug: so looking like it will be october. So thats us in a nutshell!

Nice to see you here. Me and Loski were getting quite lonely :haha: Plus she will be off soon as she will super busy being a mummy :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I was on prep with Sarah and talk to her on Facebook quite often as you say it's a small world lol. can't believe your Sarah's sister she's lovely.
I hope I will be playing mammy lolly but will still be here supporting you's as much as I can.

Ah Loski, thats sweet, thank you :hugs: It is going to be so exciting the next few months listening to all your updates as you get closer and closer to having your LO.

Its strange that you are both so close to each other, same agency and you were on prep with BBs sis :wacko: Defo small world!! xxx

Hey

Lolly - wow your at the same stage as us then. Will you do any home study before prep? or will you have to wait until after prep? we are in a bit of a similar boat but not because of finances. I am diabetic and overweight and we have been advised I need to lose weight and make sure my diabetes is under control. So i have joined slimming world and have currently lost 8lb in the last 3 weeks :) The agency said that will help as I can evidence the weight loss. i also have 2 weeks to go and then have to go back to the doctors to have bloods done again to check how well I am controlling my diabetes without loads of medication. Fingers crossed that its ok :-/

We go on our information day a week on wednesday and they said we are provisionally booked onto the prep course at the end of May. Im so nervous that they wont like us.

Loski - wow very small world. Ah I agree. I love my sister she is my best friend! I pray with all my heart she gets a LO as I cant think of anyone more deserving than her. Her dedication and motivation was one of the reasons why DH and I decided to go for adoption and not IVF. I have been a member on these boards for ages but up until last year we were actively trying to concieve. I stumbled across this section by accident. Its way too far down on the page and not many people here :( but its nice to know you two are active!

I had started to look on the adoption UK forum but found it distressing at points to be honest. There are so many horror stories that it started to freak me out a bit, so i havent looked in a while. Its nice to have support too though so its nice to find others on this page. Hope you both dont mind me joining you :-/

Of course not the more the better as lolly said it gets lonely on here lol. I hope Sarah gets a lo as well her and Simon are lovely people. Adoption is the way forward your in the cool group now you should get Sarah to join. I am on adoption uk using same name I know what you mean though some people on there seem so negative.
Regarding weigh dfw haven't said anything to me about weight however my doctor mentioned it on medical it's quite annoying considering the size of some people that have birth children and nothing gets said to them. I was going to slimming world as well but stopped just started doing it myself last week want to lose another stone before panel. Well done on your weight loss so far love Loski

I will mention it to her. She said your on fb - feel free to add me Im under sarahs friends (amy bell)

DFW didnt say i had to lose weight but they said they would encourage it, especially as I am diabetic and having a record of it would help me if we got to panel. How much have you managed to lose? I really like slimming world so far but am always stuck on lunch ideas. Im not sure I can face more jacket potatoes and pasts lol I am starting to exercise now too but its hard work! I started the couch to 5k challenge yesterday and just about managed it, however, I did think I was going to pass out at one stage lol

I lost a stone and a half in 3 months but I have put half back will add you on fb. I know I can't stick to diets so I need to start exercising more what's the couch to 5k?

Its the nhs challenge to get you running 5k in 9 weeks, its hard work the first week but apparently gets easier. I have another 4 stone to lose so anything that helps :)

That's the same as what I would like to lose as well, going to google it now but there's not much I can do with this asthma :growlmad:

losing weight is so hard. I am in the fortunate position to have a wonderful husband. However, he can eat what he wants and how much he wants and doesnt go about 10 stone! we went to america travelling for 5 months and i put 2 and a half stone on while he put on 3lb!!!

Hello Bluebumble best of luck in your adoption journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->