Hello! Reassurance needed?!!!

PrincessMe

Reaction score
Hello girls!

Causiously announcing my :bfp: ! I think I will be 7 weeks tomorrow!!!

I have been stalking the first trimester for a couple of weeks now and I suppose I'm just looking for some reassurance from you lovely ladies
I have taken 3 clearblue digi hpt all confirming :bfp: but I'm still in doubt!
Went to my GP and was expecting him to do blood test or some sort of test to confirm but nothing, he said if I was late and had taken tests thats all he needed to know!!! My midwife contacted me to book in for first appointment (she confirmed it would just be form filling, family history etc., nothing exciting happening this time)! & thats not until 27 December!
I'm not having many symptoms and not really feeling pregnant at the moment, is this normal? Is there any1 else with not much happening?
My friend is also pregnant, I think she is just over 10 weeks and she is the complete opposite, symptons galore since very early on (midwife suspects twins)!!!
Can I request an early reassurance scan?
I have looked at booking a private scan, what are your opinons/experiences?

Sorry to go on, I'm sure everything will be fine
this is my first pregnancy and really worried that something may go wrong

Thankyou for reading :kiss:

Hi! I might not be the best to answer because I am the same way...a nervous wreck. :) If you are not spotting and you seem to be having no problems be happy! Enjoy the fact that your having a "good" pregnancy so far, everyones experience is different so your can't compare yourself to your friend. The Dr.'s usually won't see you until your about 8 weeks unless there is a concern. Try to keep positive and use this website to ease your mind..it really helps me out....Just relax and enjoy the experience..it sounds like your off to a great start!

Congratulations Your pregnant!!! :) I have not had many symptoms in my pregnancy so its very normal.... Dec 27th is a good first appt and they will probably schedule an US at that time..... try to enjoy your xmas and not worry ;)

Hi I felt the same with my 1st pregnancy. I was nearly 10 weeks when i found out but had absolutely no idea how far gone I was as we weren't trying and i often only had AF every 3 months. I was sooo excited going to tell the Dr as he was the 1 st person I told apart from OH and he was so bland about it. No confirmation test or details taken and I went home very deflated. The only symptons I'd had were mild nausea and tiredness which I put to being run down as I'd been working so hard.
I personally wouldn't bother paying for a private scan although it probably feels like an eternity for you to wait for an NHS one, save your money for when the Baby arrives and enjoy the fact you're not suffering ms.
Oh and congratulations on your BFP!

Hi, I am nearly 6 weeks, having no symptons and with my first pregnacy didn't have any symptoms till bout 8 weeks then it hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I had nausea for bout 5 months....i was about a stone lighter when I had her!!lol...i nkow it's nice when u get symptoms tho cause u actually feel pregnant...good luck

Hi Hun, congratulations on your pregnancy. I haven't had any symptoms except a lot of EWCM. I even have a few AF signs. Try not to stress, although I know it's hard. 27th will be here before you know it, at least you can focus a bit on Xmas to keep you busy.

A lot of women don't get signs until after 8 weeks or so...So try to rest assured they may still come on soon.

xo

Hi Hun it's very common not to get any symptoms some woman don't get anything throughout there pregnancy I new a lady and she was very nearly ready to give birth and she said to me if it wasn't for the bump plus kicks she wouldn't know she was pregnant, you doctor should be doing a blood tests checking your hormone levels are rising so you should ask him :) x

Hi Hun it's very common not to get any symptoms some woman don't get anything throughout there pregnancy I new a lady and she was very nearly ready to give birth and she said to me if it wasn't for the bump plus kicks she wouldn't know she was pregnant, you doctor should be doing a blood tests checking your hormone levels are rising so you should ask him :) x

There's no need to have blood tests done to check that hcg is rising unless there's a reason to suspect it might not be. My midwife didn't do a blood test, she just trusted the many I took that said bfp to be correct.

Also, I haven't had too many symptoms either. No real nausea, just a little ickiness and sore boobs. And really tired in the evenings. Though a few days ago all of my symptoms disappeared for a few days and had me a little worried, but then my boobs started to hurt again so all is good. Unless you have bleeding or bad cramps I would just be happy that you are feeling so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->