hellp syndrome

ttc2nd

Reaction score
hello I had severe Pre-eclamsia and HELLP Syndrome with my first son but wasnt diagnosed untill i was in labour. looking back now i had all the symptoms weeks before the labour.
now that i am pregnant again i am worried, i dont get to see a consultant till next week at my 20 week scan.

ok i have a few questions to those who have had this previously
1: did you get it again (what are the chances)
2: did you recieve any extra care 2nd time around
3: those who got it caught earlier what treatment did you recieve

my little boy 5lbs 14oz at full term
thank you xxx
sorry not my spelling is bad

i had pre eclamsia but it did not progress to help because i had my son @ 25 weeks, i have been told by my high risk doctor that pre ecalmsia is most common in first pregnancy and their is a 50/50 chance you may develope it in future pregnancy's, i have had it in 2 pregnancies so far

Hi,
I understand you anxiety :hugs: I had normal pregnancies with my 1st 2 children. Our 3rd was born at 31+3 due to severe pre eclampsia. My symptoms started on holiday but I put the symptoms down to long haul flights, heat etc I was 27wks on returning home about 28wks when I saw midwife and bp was through the roof, downhill from there really!! I have been so paranoid with this pregnancy that I have bought the urine strips and check myself and already had bp monitor. The very earliest onset would be from 20wks which will be why you don't need an appt to see anyone until after your anomoly scan.
:hugs:

Hi hun

I have just got my BFP and like yourself would love to hear from others who have gone through it again. My lo was delivered at 33+4 and 3lb 11oz due to sever PE and borderline HELLP I felt rought from about 27-28weeks and just put it down to pregnancy tiredness etc by 30 weeks I was so swollen and started to have regular monitoring my BP stayed fine right up until the day before my lo was sectioned but protein in urine and something in my blood were sky high!

I do know however, 3 ladies from the premature section who have all gone on to have term healthy babies no problem one of which had a crash section and nearly died due to PE and was perfectly healthy second time around xx

thank you i just dont know what to expect, its kind of scary.
here is a question anyone start out with low blood pressure in the pregnancy that they had difficulties with?
xxx

my first trimester bp was very very low like 102/50 pretty much all the entier first tri, then 2nd tri came and all the problems started:dohh: i didnt even make it to third tri:nope:

I also had HELLP syndrome and didn't discover it until labor. I also had alot of symptoms! But everything didn't click.

We're ttc now. So I can't answer your other question. But I wish you luck!

Hi just wanted to say I had HELLP syndrome in my 1st pregnancy, they didnt discover this until i was in labour and had been violently sick. I was week overdue and had no previous bp problems until that day. I had emergency c-section and was in ICU for the night and my LO in SCBU. All ended well but took me a good month to recover.
Have decided not to have another baby as my hubby couldnt go through it again as we both almost died.
Has anyone had a 2nd preg with no complications following HELLP?
Glad to know not alone in this condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->