Help 12 week scan x

britt24

Reaction score
I have been for my 12 weeks scan and declined the downs test but now looking at the pic I wish I had, had it just so I can know not that the baby will be loved or wanted any less I just want know I have attached my pic please tell me what you think, I think the fluid looks high on back and neck x

Image attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 26
That's a very clear scan!

Just out of interest, why did you choose not to have the test?

Hi Hun no experience here but didn't wanna read and run hopefully someone that does scans can have a look for u x

That's a very clear scan!

Just out of interest, why did you choose not to have the test?

I chose not to have it cos if it comes back high chance it don't mean baby will have it and I couldn't abort a baby anyway so I didn't see the point of having one and just assumed everything should be okay anyway, we lost a baby in April so this baby means everything which is why I think I am panicking even more x

hi hun noticed that your in the UK - in our area if you decline the downs test they do not scan you til 16 weeks. this is because BY LAW if the tech sees something that indicateds a problem they HAVE to tell you. so in our area they wait until your out of the correct window for this test.

im sure if there was anything obviously wrong they would have told you.

also my second sons scan looked a bit like that and hes a happy healthy 14 month old now.

plus there are so many 'conditions' that have to be met before they can get an accurate reading... baby cant be against the womb wall, chin cant be touching the chest and they have to have the nasil bone visable before they can even measure the fluid

hi hun noticed that your in the UK - in our area if you decline the downs test they do not scan you til 16 weeks. this is because BY LAW if the tech sees something that indicateds a problem they HAVE to tell you. so in our area they wait until your out of the correct window for this test.

im sure if there was anything obviously wrong they would have told you.

also my second sons scan looked a bit like that and hes a happy healthy 14 month old now.

plus there are so many 'conditions' that have to be met before they can get an accurate reading... baby cant be against the womb wall, chin cant be touching the chest and they have to have the nasil bone visable before they can even measure the fluid

Thank you so much for that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->