HELP! 2 failed ERPC and being pushed for a 3rd Go

lilly01

Reaction score
Hi
I wondered if anyone else has had this nightmare.
I had a termination as there were problems detected, this happened at 12 weeks 3 day on the 1st August 2 weeks later i was in the back of an ambulance as i had a massive haemorrhage, i was then told i still had RPOC & still testing faintly positive to my horror on the 18th of August i was back in hospital for a repeat ERPC i am counting the termination as 1st procedure, in my eyes it should have been complete and we should be able to try again by now.
But not the case on the 18th ERPC with ultrasound guidence all they managed to do was make me bleed terribly for 2 weeks when i went back for a check up ultrasound the same vascular mass exactly the same size is still there so the 2nd of September i was booked for a 3rd procedure which i declined and told the hospital i want to manage conservativly as there is no bleeding no infection. I tested negative for HCG on 2nd of September. I thought if negative HCG, I could use ovulation strips to monitor if a LG surge occurred I thought LG surge = Ovulation= period. this LG surge occurred on the 9/10 the September
But this week i went for the standard Ultrasound, the doctor said its still there i was not surprised as i haven't bleed since the 31st august after the ERPC, she again recommended having another ERPC with ultrasound but this time have there most senior consultant. Funny enough i said i didn't want any more surgery and the thought of a 3rd procidure to be honest makes me cold and i could lay in the middle of a motorway.
she said she would speak to the senior consultant, they both came back and basically said you can have a LG surge but no ovulation and I could wait anything from 6 to 8 months to start my periods if i don't have surgery.
Clearly i want this nightmare over, so we can recover form the strain upset and loss, and clearly we are desperate to try again.
The hospital have said we have just been very very unlucky.

In my head i have the following issues
1) repeated procedures are not good
2) repeated dilation can't be good
3) every time you risk infection (currently no infection)
4) ultimately you risk damage and therefor issues with fertillatly

I have asked that i have Operative hysteroscopy as this would appear to be a safer option, plus from what i can make out they would only need to use a speculum same as a smear ?
This fell on dead ears at the hospital ?

Has anyone else had hysteroscopy to remove rpoc.
has anyone else had this same senaro?

I am so scared of another ERPC, i am told is not D&C but i really don't believe anything which the hospital are telling me.

I have contacted a homeopathic practitioner who has prescribed Sabina.
So currently will to try anything to get this nightmare over without surgery or waiting 8months for a period.
I was hoping to fall pregnant again before christmas.

Please let me know if you have suggestions or the same experience i feel like the only person to have this nightmare happen.

I am so, so sorry you are going through this.

My second miscarriage I did medical management and this did not work. After bleeding on and off for one month something was found on an u/s. We were not sure if it was retained tissue or what. I had a hysteroscope to determine it was RPOC and my doctor removed that tissue and only that tissue. I was fine and got pregnant with DD after two cycles of ttc. (I did wait two cycles before ttc to give my body time to heal.)

With this, my third MC I had a d&c which failed. It missed the pregnancy all together. My doctor was willing to do a second d&c, guided by ultrasound, but was concerned about doing two procedures so close together. I waited one month and finally miscarried on my own. During that time my HCG was tested twice and I kept an eye out for infection.

Since you have already had two procedures I would wait as long as your bleeding is now under control. If you are still bleeding heavily you are at risk for 1. hemorrhage and 2. infection as your cervix is dilated.

If you do a third procedure I would definitely demand a hysteroscope and I would also get a second opinion with another practice.

Good luck. I am sorry you are going through this. All three of my MC's have been complicated, each one worse than the last.

All I can say is you will get through this and you will feel healthy again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->