help! 3 days pos opk and ruptured cyst 2 days ago

cnsweeney

Reaction score
so we are ttc and I am using answer brand opks. I am on cd14 . on cd12 I got my first positive (posted pic) . I am now on my 3rd day in a row of a pos opk. however it should be noted that right after our first pos we dtd'd and I immediately got sharp horrible pains went to er and discovered it was a ruptured ovarian cyst and I still have another on my right ovary a little smaller than a golfball which is still causing me a little pain:/. I've had these before .. mostly since I had the mirena in a few years ago and am always told they are common and to not worry but with ttc I'm worried it may cause problems . could this be why I'm having multiple days of positives? hm....

nvm tried posting pics but my iPhone wont let me :( either way it's def 3 days pos in a row

I wish I can see the pics.. I have used the answer test strips and this cycle was the first time I used answer sticks. (I just posted if you want to take a look at what I'm talking about below) I was confused on the stick results- come to find out it detects the presence (quality) of LH hormone - while some opk's detect Quantity (numbers)- CVS sticks count at 30milu for a pos result, dollar tree at 25. Very different. I think the answer strips and sticks are just more sensitive since its looking for the presence. Anyway- I think they are still reliable- I go with the results that are darker than the test line. And in the event that you get more than one of those like me (all the time) I then use signs and symptoms. From what I was told is that the LH may gear up to OV and not actually do it and keep trying - so you may be detecting that (a prolonged LH surge) or you could have caught it up all the way trhough it coming down which could possibly be over 2 days.

And I have had cysts to - very painful- but it really doesn't effect TTC- I have 7 children LOL- 4 girls, twin boys and my newborn baby is 4 years old ;)

And if you don't have a diagnosis of PCOS- then don't worry about the constant pos-sometimes I hear that can effect the result as well.

nvm tried posting pics but my iPhone wont let me :( either way it's def 3 days pos in a row

onthe iphone you can just hit manage attachments and then browse your pics and choose and download the ones you want- Or just email the pic- thats what I normally do- I email the pic to myself and download the pic through my desktop computer.

onthe iphone you can just hit manage attachments and then browse your pics and choose and download the ones you want- Or just email the pic- thats what I normally do- I email the pic to myself and download the pic through my desktop computer.

thanks so much! I will def try to email them to myself and post them from a desktop tmw . anyhow.. I eventually broke down and bought the digital ones which are very expensive! it said negative on Thursday afternoon . and I tried the answer one and it was still dark. so I think ur right about it being more sensitive. used another answer one yesterday and it was def negative finally. lol. so idk how many dpo I am for sure. went to the docs today and he reassured me it won't affect ttc. so I am
now in the tww which is pure agony! af is expected nov.21st so ill test closer to that date and update . tested today and it was a bfn (of course) I was just curious. lol. but I knew it was def still too early. we shall see!

I'm alittle late on the response but I wanted to let you know I have the same problem with the wondfo OPKs they are just wayyy to sensitive for me. I had to try a couple different brands until I settled with the ones I have now and I love them. They are cheapies I get from amazon the brand is called babi ...they are green handles anyway now I use them once a day and just confirm with the digital I usually only use 1-2 digitals a month and that saves me tons of money.

thank you ! yes I think you ladies are right . I think I Don't achieve a bfp this month I will still use the answers next month but confirm with digital. with the answers I had all negative at first and try slowly or darker until I got a positive and a ruptured cyst on Tuesday (which could have easily been me just ovulating and feeling the pain or me ovulating caused another cyst to pop ) & then for a few days after it was postive after positive until I tried the digital which was negative (answer was still positive) but I think my eyes just aren't trained for these answer tests :/ I took another answer answer and digital Sunday just for fun and both clearl negative . so i think Tuesday was o day and it diminished after that I just looked at it as a pos. we shall see!

thanks for checkin ! I don't achieve a bfp for November. I also invested in some digital opks for January to take the guess work out it;) I also had a follow up with my doc who said it sounds like a functional cyst I have and it will go away. well I ended up back in the er 2 days ago because I just could not handle the pain anymore ( it hurts really bad to go to the bathroom :( mainly a bm..sry tmi!) and they did a rectal exam which was fine and another ultrasound which showed the cyst has grown .6cm and is filled with blood or protein and is leaking because i still have fluid in there. they prescribed me pain meds and I followed up with my doc yesterday and we decided to do a laparoscopy to check for endometriosis and remove te cyst it it is still there. if no endometriosis is present then I will have to get a colonoscopy to check for other sources of the pain. my procedure is scheduled for next Tuesday. will def. update after that! I'm pretty sure it is endo and nothing colorectal related because the pain didnt start until the day the first cyst ruptured.we shall see! thanks for your advice and concern! :)

oh & we are skipping ttc for December . I don't want any of these procedures to hurt a baby if we were successful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->