Help! 7 weeks and so sick

Als82

Reaction score
Has anyone missed work? I am 7 weeks and can barely stand up. I am generally a tough cookie bUT so sick. My work is supportive and very corporate, so I have a lot of options, I just have major guilt.

I manage a veterinary parasitology lab, so it often smells of animal excrement. Yes, I know it is dangerous to be around cat feces, and I keep my distance. I cannot have any water or food at my desk, making it even more difficult. I just feel like I am throwing in the towel by missing a few days after reading about so many women who just stuck it out. I've miscarried and do not have kiddos yet, so this is our biggest blessing. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

You can get medication from your Doctor to help. I have nausea, and my Doctor offered me a prescription, but it is bearable, so I declined.
Yours definitely sounds like it is more on the severe side. Sorry you are struggling so badly.

I haven't had any yet luckily and never had any with my previous pregnancies so I'm hoping to stay the same this time!

Take the time off if you need it, have you tried anti sickness bands like the little pressure point wrist band things? That may help, eating little and often, so make sure you have food in your belly before leaving the house and small snacks throughout the day.

I hope it eases for you soon, I can only imagine how horrible it must be to feel that awful. :hugs:

I'm not joking when I say that I had to take my 12 week leave at the beginning of my pregnancy instead of the end when most expecting mothers do because I was so sick. I get HG (the severest form of morning sickness) and had to be on meds the first 20 weeks with every pregnancy. It wasn't simply that my stomach felt a little sour in the mornings and I'd eat something, then it would go away. That's what morning sickness is SUPPOSED to feel like. Mine was 24/7, never had a break, constantly feeling like I was going to throw up and standing made it worse. I'd highly suggest seeing about the meds first and taking leave if it still doesn't seem to be helping. I'm so sorry you're going through this too :hugs:

I had HG this past first tri and had to book off work on medical leave for 8 weeks. Do NOT feel guilty about being off sick from work. This is when you need it the most. Take all the time that you need. I felt like the drugs did not help the first trimester but now I feel better in my 2nd tri I think it is helping, when I've tried to not take them I get sick. If you can stay off the drugs and just manage with rest that is the best in my opinion, unless you have HG and can't keep fluids down, get dehydrated, and lose 10% of your body weight then the drugs are your only option. It's so hard, I'm so sorry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->