Help! Advice Needed Please!!!

hsollis

Reaction score
Hi,

My husband just called and there was a sign at the daycare that lice had been found on one of the children there...

Should I got get my daughter? She's 7 months and has no hair but I have NO IDEA as a first time mum if it's dangerous or anything....

My husband says she's fine and leave her there as it isn't a big deal....he's had lice when he was little...I've never had any personal experience with it...

She's in the baby group but they didn't say which group the child was in that they found it in and it must have been yesterday as there wasn't a sign on Wednesday when we took her....

What do you think?

I really dunno hun but didn't wanna read n run..... I think she will be find hun + if she as no hair they won't wanna live there :) x

I think it'll be fine, at school we send home the child with lice and then send a letter to all parents asking them to check and treat hair. I'm sure she can't catch it with no hair. xx

Why don't you give them a call and ask them what to do or which area of daycare it was in?
Icside- I don't think it's legal nowadays to exclude a child because of lice, so your school should be careful. I almost got into loads of trouble because I tried to do it at our school as I didn't realise that you weren't allowed! x

with little hair it should be relatively easy to treat, put a few drops of tea tree oil in her bath and wash her hair tonight, the tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and will kill anything like lice etc but will be kind to your daughters skin :)

Why don't you give them a call and ask them what to do or which area of daycare it was in?
Icside- I don't think it's legal nowadays to exclude a child because of lice, so your school should be careful. I almost got into loads of trouble because I tried to do it at our school as I didn't realise that you weren't allowed! x

If they are live lice you can still phone the parents but if it is just eggs we keep them in school. xx

i think shel be fine hun if she has no hair theres nowhere for them to live xxxx

Thanks all. I decided to try to keep her in... :)

I've been laid off but we've kept LO in daycare otherwise we lose our place and it can be 18 months on the waiting list in the area. So, it's really hard for me to leave her there anyway when I'm just home at the moment and to have something like this and with my mum also pointing out that she doesn't need to be there....

We'll give her a good bath tonight and then we're on vacation next week so should be okay... :) fingers crossed she doesn't catch it and also send it our way....

with little hair it should be relatively easy to treat, put a few drops of tea tree oil in her bath and wash her hair tonight, the tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and will kill anything like lice etc but will be kind to your daughters skin :)

Yup... My kids get there hair washed everytime with tea tree oil shampoo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->