Help... advice needed please

jms895

Reaction score
Caine has been sleeping in with me since he was born.

He sleeps the first few hours in his cot and then ends up with me when he wakes for BF.

He used to sleep 7 or 8 hours straight and for the past month has been doing 2 or 3 hours :(

I have tried to let him cry, last night for 1 and half hours, picking him up, feeding him, dummy in, rocking back to sleep but each time I put him back in he wakes and screams again :(

I know this is the reason for his waking.

When he gets in with me then within 5 or 10 seconds he is sound asleep!
I know its my fault as he sleeps so well in with me but OH sleeps on sofa cos he dont like it and I dont sleep well. Enough is enough now :(

When I put him to bed, I lay him next to me on our bed and within a minute or 2 he is asleep so thats how he goes to bed as i had to get him out of the BF and sucking for comfort to go to sleep.....

Any advice please, I hate using the CIO method, cant cope with it :(

He has teddies in his cot, I put bonjella etc on dummy for teething, he CAN fall asleep on his own as he does it next to me, on his mat in the day etc....

Thanks

What about bringing a blow up bed or something into his room and sleep next to him in his room for a few nights? I've been told this is good for getting them out of the habit of sleeping in your bed. After a while you can then start to leave the room when he is fast asleep, then eventually he will feel safer and happier in his cot and he will fall asleep on his own in there.

Oh, I've assumed the cot isn't in your bedroom? If it is then that advice might be a bit useless sorry!

You mention your OH doesn't like it - does he not like LO being in the middle of the bed, or being in with you fullstop? If he just doesn't like him in the middle (a lot of men worry about hurting them) then you could consider a cot with a dropside next to the bed. You feed LO in bed, then when he is asleep next to you, just gently slide him over. LO knows you are there if he needs you, but OH doesn't have to worry about him and you get lots more space!

I have the Cosatto Close To Me Bedside Cot:
https://www.boots.com/en/Cosatto-Close-to-Me-Bedside-Cot_120225/

Thanks both. I have just moved his cot to his own room tonight so will see how it goes. He is still up now in his cot but have left him htere to see.

I will try these techniques if no luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->