Help/Advice needed......

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Following on from my 'how do you know' thread, I've decided I'm not in labour, but have picked up a stomach bug (it's my damn sisters fault). Sorry if TMI but in the past 6 hours ive thrown up 4 times and have had bad diahorrea twice.

I'm really worried as I'm due to go in at 8pm tomorrow for an induction.....I doubt very much they'll do that if I'm still ill (my sis was like this for 48 hours)

I'm thinking of calling the labour ward to see what they say (I've had slight crampy pains, but I think they are due to vomiting) but I'm wondering if there's actually anything they can do??? The main thing I need is an anti sickness jab, so I can at least drink some water!

Would you guys do the same, or ride it out at home?? I'm not actually in labour.....but wanna get better asap.

What do you think?

I'd call them! They will know what to do, for sure. Hoping you get better soon. :hugs:

I wish I could stop crying I feel like crap....plus I'm still getting slight cramps in my belly, I have no clue if it's baby related or not!

I called the labour ward who said they didn't really want me going in as I might infect other ladies. She told me to call an emergency doctor to see if they can give me something to stop the vomiting. I'm just waiting for a call back from a GP.

This absolutely sucks :(

:cry: I feel like death.....I keep trying to be sick but there's nothing left, dry wretching hurts my belly soooo bad.

Typical the one time I get ill all pregnancy is right at the end!

Hugs, really hope you feel better soon and that you have your baby in time for Christmas, did the labour ward say anything about rescheduling the induction?

No they didn't say about the induction, I'm hoping I'm better by tomorrow eve.

The em doc just prescribed me some anti sickness pills over the phone. My damn OH got arsey about having to go and get it.....he couldn't understand why I couldn't wait an hour or two so he could get more sleep.

If I wasn't so tired and drained I'd knock him senseless.

lol - want me to knock him out for you? men just dont have a clue sometimes!

Hope the anti-sickness pills kick in soon! I think you should be fine with the induction as long as your not still throwing up - which the pills should help!

Be glad you dont have hyperemesis then....4 times in 6 hours sounds like a good day to me ;)
Id not risk going in for induction when you feel ill and are being sick. Firstly you dont want to pass nasty bugs around the staff, mothers and newborn babies, secondly you will be more prone to picking up any other bugs going round the hospital, thirdly you will be less able to cope with labour, birth and the first few days if you are feeling rubbish.

Thanks Emma....please come and beat him for me!! I cried when he snapped at me, and he told me it was only a stomach bug and to stop being so pathetic. He has since apologised but arghh!! Men!!

I took a tablet about half an hour ago....I feel sick but haven't been sick which is a good sign! Hopefully in a few more hours (and after another tablet) I can drink some of the rehydration salts he gave me.....last thing I need is to get dehydrated.

I'm still getting waves of pain in my belly....only lasting about 30 seconds a time and happening twice an hour, I never thought I'd want labour to stop!!!

I completely agree anothersquish! Last thng I want is to make others ill, or to Benin labour in this state.....my sisters illness cleared up after 36 hours (after she got anti sickness pills) so I'm hoping as I've started taking them already I'll be better by 8pm tomorrow.

I'm glad I don't have hypermesis, I threw up 2 more times after that post and it was too much for me....there's nothing worse than dry wretching!

I completely agree anothersquish! Last thng I want is to make others ill, or to Benin labour in this state.....my sisters illness cleared up after 36 hours (after she got anti sickness pills) so I'm hoping as I've started taking them already I'll be better by 8pm tomorrow.

I'm glad I don't have hypermesis, I threw up 2 more times after that post and it was too much for me....there's nothing worse than dry wretching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->