• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! Are my bfp lines faint for 17dpo?

Loobyloo30

Mummy to one
Reaction score
Ho girls,
I'm stressing!! Got my first bfp at 13dpo and it was barely there! The lines have got slightly darker but this morn at 17dpi I feel they should be really dark??? Help!!! Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 154
Try not to worry too much hun they are def positive and u say they are getting darker so again another good sign, i get really faint tests early on i with all my pregnancies, never get nice thick lines till nearly 6 weeks, but iv had 3 healthy babies already with my light pregnancy test lines so i dont worry too much about how strong the positive is as long as it is there :) xxx

mine didnt get much darker either, im about 6 weeks and i had my darkest yeserday at 6 weeks pregannt, i havent done anymore since yesterday lmao
but every so often i have same cheapiem ones and its weird hey

13 dpo got a super BFP on frer, took a ic at 15 dpo faint and every day faint till yestwerday

I wouldn't worry... I find the line on those test strips really faint. Just found out i'm pregnant yesterday :cloud9: (almost sure i'm 3+5) and I barely had a line on those tests but I got a positive almost instantly with a first response test. Wishing you all the best

Really? Thanks girls!! Just worrying like mad and can't stop testing!! I think I'll do it daily until 6 weeks too lol. I've seen some other peoples bfp's at 17dpo and they are so dark compared to mine!!! My digi says 1-2 weeks aswell so my hcg is obviously low :( xx

Don't worry sweetie mine is exactly the same and I'm 19dpo today. Mine look the same as yours if not lighter and my Hcg yesterday was 766 up from 103 4 days before. Try not to worry xx

Wow 766 and they still look light? I don't think mines as high as yours as digi yesterday said 1-2 weeks and that threshold is 50-200 hcg :( I might do another digi this week to try and get 2-3 weeks xx

Hi Hun my digi @15dpo was 1-2 weeks so will do another tomorrow to hopefully see 2-3. They are notoriously not that accurate though so try not to worry too much. Can you get a beta done at all?

Some times those tests take a long time to get dark. Test with a FRER you'll probably see a really good line on those :)

Thanks ladies!! I can't get a beta as my docs are rubbish! Went yesterday to register my pregnancy and he said come back in 2 or 3 weeks as very early!! I was fuming! Definitely going to buy some frer xx

The cheaper ones like this especially have different amounts of dye in them so it affects how dark they show up. Dont worry. A positive is a positive!! Good luck x

Deffo get a frer' my test at 18dpo was a little darker than control line xx

I've bought some frer and and more digi tests lol. Will wait a couple of days and try again xx

I just wanted to tell you that I took four tests, and the later I took them, the LIGHTER they got!!! I was FREAKED out. I even taped them in a row by date, dated them with a marker and took them to the doctor's office to show my doctor! They laughed and said that it doesn't mean anything, as long as there are two lines of any shade, you are fine. They said they are just cheap over the counter tests that detect if there is any HCG in your urine - they do not detect the amount that's in your urine, so the color shade can't mean anything. I am now almost 12 weeks along and have had two perfect ultra sounds with a great sized baby and very strong heart beat! Hope this info can ease your mind!

Are all the tests from the same day or are we looking at a progression pic as they all look the same colour to me.

That said, I think its fairly normal to see no progression for 3-4 days and then suddenly see them get darker.

Thanks so much, I'm definitely feeling less stressed! No the tests are all from this morning! I used 3 as all diff makes of cheapy ic tests xx

this is just a idea to show you
these are fine, there FRER was 13 DPO
the first internet cheapie was 16dpo, and to the bottom was not sure when
i havent added any more to this image as it was taken a while back
but this is basically as dark as mine got, (as dark as the bottom one maybe a smidgen darker to equal lines finalyl at 6 weeks but i havent uploaded that one

Attachments

• IMG_20131012_112432_771.jpg
    IMG_20131012_112432_771.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 57
Wow the frer was dark!!! Ic's obviously don't get super dark at all then! Thanks so much for showing me those :) xx

no i think with some ppl they might, mine seem to be darker threw out the day

this is my 6 weeks roughly one i took a few days ago

(i must say thoug im still waiting to see if a bub is actually growng in there as my last scans only basically revealed a sac nothing inside,
but i am going to a diff scan place next week as didnt like the youn chic who did my last scans)

Attachments

• IMG_20131101_091811_933.jpg
    IMG_20131101_091811_933.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 20
That's a great line!! Can't wait till mine are line that :) awww hun, your 6 weeks aren't you? I always thought it was nearer 7 weeks when the heartbeat started. Good luck for your next scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->