HELP? Bottom of areola swollen/puffy...is this okay??

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt, it's not discolored, no fluids are being secreted...I don't think it warrants a call to the doctor, however, I'm not finding info online.
I would post a picture, but I'm afraid it would violate some sort of TOS. :x

The edge of the areola (all the little bumps and such) is suddenly raised by about a centimeter or more....I haven't measured it. I noticed it seems bigger today than usual.
I used a pregnancy pillow (a "Preggle" from Babies R Us) that actually kept me sleeping on my right side all night...and it's the right nipple/areola that is all swollen.

It's only the bottom half of the areola, too. I just have no idea if this is normal, or if this is a sign of a problem. But as it's more "weird" than "alarming," it's just left me with a question more than worry.

I also don't know if it makes a difference, but I have large breasts. I'm normally a DDD cup.
I also don't want to sound like one of those ladies posting on Yahoo Answers, "I'm 32 weeks pregnant and fell down the stairs, should I call my doctor?"
I hope this just gets waved off as a, "naw, that's normal."

I wouldn't worry. If it isn't bothering you pain wise just give it a day or two. Mine looked like that for a few days but then it went away so who knows. I am guessing it is just changes in breast tissue getting ready for baby.

That's what I'm thinking too. The only reason I'm asking is because I googled like crazy and can't find anything on it, except for girls and women who natually, without pregnancy, have puffy areolas.

It might be a clogged duct or something thats making it raised. Especially if its not sore but if it sticks around for a few more days then calling wouldn't hurt.

Baha, mine have done that, where it was literally half of it was puffed up and the other side was normal..lol. I never worried since it didn't hurt.

Mine have done that too! I think it must be pregnancy related as they don't do it all the time!

I also have the same problem it been a day
And I'm not pragnant. It happens for a few min and gets back to normal. Is it sth serious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->