Help...can't think of anything but being pregnant!!

babyblessed

Reaction score
:dohh:

really need to concentrate on my job but I think I am leaving to be SAHM after may and all I can think about is being pregnant and babies!!!

Honestly, for someone who used to want a hig flying career!!? this is all consuming :headspin:

lol yep! It feels like all I think about most of the time too and mostly what I'm thinking about is somehow a worry too rather than something positive!!

I keep trying to find other things to interest me but it doesn't last long.

Really though how many months of your life do you get to experience pregnancy?! It's something we should make the most of.

Yup, same for me...i'm finding it hard to concentrate on work, i w work a little and then all i can think about is my baby....going on baby websites, buying pregnancy and baby magazines....all babies and pregnant woment look cute to me now and really this is so not the person i used to be.

Yup, same for me...i'm finding it hard to concentrate on work, i w work a little and then all i can think about is my baby....going on baby websites, buying pregnancy and baby magazines....all babies and pregnant woment look cute to me now and really this is so not the person i used to be.

Ditto! I never realized how beautiful pregnant women are until I became pregnant.

Oh yes, and I had massive baby on the brain,too. I had shopping lists and everything! All day long my mind was on baby this baby that baby baby baby lol.

im exactly the same im going to be a SAHM too and now im hardly concentrating on work at all... in fact i just had the calender up on my computer counting the weeks i have left!

:) trying to resist setting up an on screen count down!! :)

Can't wait to just devote my time to my family!

i loved being off work with Rhys and i only work part time now. i am so glad we get a year off on maternity!

I practically do nothing at work, if they was to check my internet usage i would get fired! If i am not here, i am on some other website checking out things that i need for myself or the baby LOL. I am just not interested! i am counting down the days until i go on maternity leave and the thought of having ten months off sounds like heaven! I am really hoping my OH will get promotion so i dont have to even come back part time! lol

i know...I am wondering if starting maternity leave at 17 weeks is too early! :)

im going on maternity leave april 7th which is 3 and a half weeks earlier than i should. ive been in work since 1.00 and i havent done any work yet.

I wish I could stay at home, but I really dont think we can afford it! I definately can't wait till my 6 months off though! Im counting down the weeks!

Some days Im so scared about having a baby I don't think about it at all but then other days Im soooo excited I cant think or talk about anything else! Everyone at work must be sick of me going on by now!

xxx

you will get a year off now linzi, from april 08 its changing to a whole year!!!

im lucky because i work for family and they will give my DH a huge payrise to cover my wages so we wont be any worse off

Really?

In my works maternity policy its 6 months SMP and then you can take an additional 6 months unpaid.

xxx

I think it depends what company you work for as to what you get, some give you the basic SMP some give you extra. I work for NHS and I get 39 weeks paid leave, I get my SMP plus extra from work, so it works out almost full pay for 6 months.

Knowing you've only got so long to work just does not motivate you at all. I just can't be bothered now. x

you get 9 months smp now and its going up to a year after april 08, im sure thats right!!

[h3]Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)[/h3]
If your baby is due on or after 1 April 2007 you can get SMP for up to 39 weeks, as long as you meet the conditions. If your baby was due earlier than this then SMP is for up to 26 weeks.
If you have the right to receive SMP, you'll get it even if you decide to leave your job before you start receiving SMP. You don't have to repay it if you decide not to go back to work or leave your job whilst getting SMP.
If you are employed you can choose when you want your SMP to start, this will normally coincide with your Ordinary Maternity Leave. Unless your baby is born sooner, the earliest SMP can start is 11 weeks before the week your baby is due.

SMP has gone up a lot as well from when I had my first, it was only £58!!!!

I have baby on my brain all day at work too....I linger around here, check out baby stuff online, then come back on here....it's terrible. I clear my internet information at the end of the day just incase my boss decides to check the internet sites I have been on, none of them would be work related.

I hope this goes away soon so I can focus on work!

I know what you girls mean... I think its just a maternal instinct. Before I got pregnant, I was working full time for Wells Fargo Bank. I'm a personal banker, (I do all new accounts for consumer/business, all loans aside from 1st mortgages) I was always a top performer, have won awards, and gotten 6 raises in 2 years. Doubled my salary in that two years. I was to start training in September to become a licensed banker, and be able to do all investments as well. I was quickly climbing the ladder, and then when I got pregnant, EVERYTHING changed. First, I have hyperemesis. I've been on meds since I found out I was pregnant, My doc took me off work, and I haven't worked since Aug. 30. I've had TONS of time to think about baby. I get bored, but I also know that between being sick a lot, and the stress of my work, its best for me and baby. I worked at the biggest location in the Bay area, and was always expected to be top performer. It was a lot of work, and I loved it... But I love baby most, and now I get to get everything ready for her, and I'll probably go back a little after having her. At least part time. We dont get anything like SMP. We get Mat. leave, which is 6 weeks unpaid time off, then under FMLA we can take another 12 weeks off to bond with baby. Unpaid. You girls are lucky!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->