Help! Confused newbie :-(

Ceb88

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am brand new to this site and excited to join all you lovely ladies on this TTC journey! This month was our first month of trying and I am really confused right now so am hoping someone has some experience that might help. I have mild PCOS but never miss a period, my cycles are 31-36 days as I have one ovary that is later at releasing the egg so each month varies. Anyway on day 26 I had sharp pain on right side and can only assume this was ovulation. About three days later I started getting mild period type cramps and they have been on and off for the last week. I only ever get cramps the day before my period with sporting then they get worse and full period hits. I'm also super tired, hungry one second feeling sick the next, hot flushes in the face and my cm is creamy when normally before af it's dry. It's now day 37 and NO SIGN of af just the cramps on and off but I can just tell it's not starting anytime soon. Boobs started hurting a little today. Got a BFN this morning with a early first response. If I ovulsted when I think I did I'm 12DPO... Could I still test positive? So confused and feeling really down not knowing... Any support or advice welcome! Thank you ladies X

Hi hun, welcome. Are your luteal phases normally that short? From what I understand your luteal phase should be the same each month. So if you ovulated late you could be late expecting af.

It could also be too early for enough hcg to be in your system for a test to read. Pn average implantation doesnt occur until 6 to 10dpo. Give it a couple days and try again with fmu.

Good luck to you!

I would give it a couple of days and test again. 12 dpo is still early, especially as you have a long cycle and if you weren't temping you could have I day slightly wrong. I have regular 26 day cycles and with my last baby I didn't get a bfp until 13 dpo and even that was super faint. Good luck :flower:

Thanks ladies! I have no idea how long my luteal phase is or when I ovulate apart from last summer I had an internal scan and she said I was about to ovulate. I worked out that my luteal phase that month was about 10 days... On the shorter side I know! But as I understand it this can vary each month? With PCOS it's very hard to know... I may start to temp but I'm trying not to get too obsessed at the beginning and I have the type of personality where temping and charting might make me too focused on it! Thanks so much for your advice... Ive never felt this way when af is due I just feel like it's not coming but it could be a fluke cycle I guess! I will test on the weekend and see what happens! I have been cervix checking and last month it was super hard and dry before af and currently it's soft, wet and almost feels absorbed into the walls.. It's varying between high and low but staying soft! Hoping this is a good sign ? Thanks ladies X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->