HELP! Faint UHPT with symptoms ovulated late. Currently 20 DPO

GingerMama21

Reaction score
Hey all! I am hoping for some advice, good stories, bad stories or anything you may have. My LMP was June 8th-10th (which is unusual as I am usually 4-5 days). I tested LH since the 11th with confirmed ovulation on June 26th (CD 19 for me). I had another little surge of LH on June 7th with slight implantation bleeding light light pink mostly CM the 9th and 10th. First faint UHPT was June 10th and have continued to have faint lines daily. I started having symptoms of breast pain, nausea, cravings, eating much more (I usually don't eat much at all), back pain and extreme fatigue before I even got my first positive or THOUGHT I could be pregnant.

I had HCG Quant done at MD on the 10th and 13th of June that all resulted in a level of 1. I continue to get faint lines oddly enough darker in the evenings. I continue to have worsening symptoms. I have had no bleeding or period and am now 20DPO.

Anyone else with a later implantation have this happen or not have darker results/hcg results until later due to late ovulation and implanting? I am so confused. I know it is not all in my head!!! I have the same symptoms as my first pregnancy that took us 6 years to conceive, and they started before I ever thought I even could be pregnant. I don't know what to do or how to feel. I have read about chemical pregnancies but my symptoms continue to worsen.

I haven't experienced this myself but it sounds frustrating. Maybe go back in for another blood test?

What brand of test are you using? I’ve had several cycles years ago where I had lines that honestly looked like they were darker/I had vvvfl but my betas kept coming back at 0. But idk I don’t think that’s the case. All of the dates make sense. O at CD 19, first line at 14dpo. Only thing I’m iffy on is the secondary lh at 7/7 because my experience with concurrent hpt and lh testing is that hcg doesn’t impact your lh that much earlier than a hpt shows a line. Do you also test your bbt? Sorry I’ve no theories! I’d just say keep testing and maybe see if you can get an ultrasound? Transvag at 5-6w you would see thickening of the uterus and a gestational sac. Contents variable. I would caution on giving stock to symptoms. Lots of things, especially if your cycle is off, will give pregnancy symptoms. FXed

my secondary theory is you ovulate 7/7ish with that second surge. Everyone can have an off cycle here and there

What brand of test are you using? I’ve had several cycles years ago where I had lines that honestly looked like they were darker/I had vvvfl but my betas kept coming back at 0. But idk I don’t think that’s the case. All of the dates make sense. O at CD 19, first line at 14dpo. Only thing I’m iffy on is the secondary lh at 7/7 because my experience with concurrent hpt and lh testing is that hcg doesn’t impact your lh that much earlier than a hpt shows a line. Do you also test your bbt? Sorry I’ve no theories! I’d just say keep testing and maybe see if you can get an ultrasound? Transvag at 5-6w you would see thickening of the uterus and a gestational sac. Contents variable. I would caution on giving stock to symptoms. Lots of things, especially if your cycle is off, will give pregnancy symptoms. FXed

my secondary theory is you ovulate 7/7ish with that second surge. Everyone can have an off cycle here and there

I have used FRER, CB, WondFo, Digital and Cheapies. They all have faint or positives. My second LH surge was just a slight spike not even close to my LH peak at ovulation. My LH peak was well over 1.5 with my slight surge at 1/4 of that. I am wondering since I am now 6 days late and ovulated late, implanted late if I would technically be 3w6d instead of 4w6d or something less with my dates being so late.

Honestly it doesn't help that I can see the lines on the tests where as my husband is color-blind and so he cannot. He keeps telling me it is psychosomatic because he cannot see the lines on the tests....or believe the digital since my Quant was only 1.

When I'm pregnant my LH tests go positive as they confuse hcg as LH. I took one for fun recently just to use up my stash at 10 weeks and the test line looks almost black it's so dark.

Maybe you ovulated later. I've also had instances of faint positives around 5 weeks when I've had early losses or in my blighted ovum pregnancy (no baby developed, just gestational sac)

I agree can you post pics of the tests? Did the digitals say yes/pregnant? If you only had the one true surge then you’d be 4w6 give or take a few days regardless of when you implanted. I’m wary to say the lines are true if they aren’t noticeably/significantly darkening every 2-3 days esp with a beta of 0/1. And if your hubby can’t see them. I’ve been burned by every brand at some point or another so I do tend to be more cynical with vvvfl interpretations though. It is possible to be a cp, which could account for the late period. But I still think the most definitive thing is to get a transvag ultrasound later in the week. They can check your ovaries and your uterus for clues. Sorry! Wish I had answers. Def post the tests though. Have you tested today?

* my opk didn’t show an increase/turn positive until two days after my bfp

I agree can you post pics of the tests? Did the digitals say yes/pregnant? If you only had the one true surge then you’d be 4w6 give or take a few days regardless of when you implanted. I’m wary to say the lines are true if they aren’t noticeably/significantly darkening every 2-3 days esp with a beta of 0/1. And if your hubby can’t see them. I’ve been burned by every brand at some point or another so I do tend to be more cynical with vvvfl interpretations though. It is possible to be a cp, which could account for the late period. But I still think the most definitive thing is to get a transvag ultrasound later in the week. They can check your ovaries and your uterus for clues. Sorry! Wish I had answers. Def post the tests though. Have you tested today?

* my opk didn’t show an increase/turn positive until two days after my bfp

I wish I had kept the tests. I was so disheartened that my husband couldn't see them so I threw them away. I tried all types of tests with blue and pink lines to see if with his color-blindness he would be able to see one or the other. He couldn't see the faint lines on either color tests. It was faint but definitely there on all tests and a full line in color within 1 minute. I am working a 13 hour shift today so unfortunately did not test as of yet. Really hoping not a chemical pregnancy. The digital did say YES yesterday with the CB test having a faint blue line.

Is it possible to just have too low HCG still for them to darken? I have heard of others who don't have positive quants or darker HPT until 5 or 6 weeks. I did not have a high HCG Quant with my daughter until after 5 weeks with HPT positive right before.

Last edited:
I mean def could be a slow rise, late implant situation. When was the beta? Usually the digitals, even most sensitive ones, are gonna need a uhcg of above 7. Let me type myself through this lol.
So 7/10 and 7/13 were bhcg of 1.
7/15 you got a positive digital test.
You think you ovulated somewhere 6/26 or shortly thereafter.

I do think every lines up except the faint lines. All the surges and bleeding and positive digital line up with a late implant for your 6/26ish ovulation. Your betas were done before hcg was detectable in your blood. But idk see it’s supposed to be in your blood before urine. This is such a mystery! So maybe just late implant and slow rising?

I’d think even if he’s color blind he can see a difference in shade. But I have a friend who never believes my early lines and I have to go get digitals to convince her lol

any chance your doctor is willing to do another beta tomorrow?

I mean def could be a slow rise, late implant situation. When was the beta? Usually the digitals, even most sensitive ones, are gonna need a uhcg of above 7. Let me type myself through this lol.
So 7/10 and 7/13 were bhcg of 1.
7/15 you got a positive digital test.
You think you ovulated somewhere 6/26 or shortly thereafter.

I do think every lines up except the faint lines. All the surges and bleeding and positive digital line up with a late implant for your 6/26ish ovulation. Your betas were done before hcg was detectable in your blood. But idk see it’s supposed to be in your blood before urine. This is such a mystery! So maybe just late implant and slow rising?

I’d think even if he’s color blind he can see a difference in shade. But I have a friend who never believes my early lines and I have to go get digitals to convince her lol

any chance your doctor is willing to do another beta tomorrow?

I was hoping to test again in the morning tomorrow and see if she would do a quant again or debating if I should wait until Thursday so it has been a week since my last quant. I just can't stand not knowing since it doesn't add up and hubby not believing it. Terrifies me about cp too since I did have a miscarriage at 6 weeks last Oct.

@GingerMama21 if you've had a positive digi he must believe that!! A digi takes at least 25miu to register a positive too unless it's an extra sensitive one. I also second doing an opk, I've done one recently and the test line was nearly black just like @Teanna said x

@GingerMama21 if you've had a positive digi he must believe that!! A digi takes at least 25miu to register a positive too unless it's an extra sensitive one. I also second doing an opk, I've done one recently and the test line was nearly black just like @Teanna said x

He still doesn't believe the digital since my blood quant was only 1. He says it is all psychosomatic.........getting pretty depressing between that and the faint lines. Trying to keep my spirits up.

Cervix is also high, closed and mostly soft. If that makes any difference......continued with same wet CM.

When was the digital in relation to the blood test? A digi can't be wrong surely but neither can bloods so very confusing!

Pictures? :)

Today they are so faint I can see in person the pink lines but my camera wont pick them up.

I am worried maybe I am staying so vffl because of a chemical pregnancy? But if that was the case why do I still have pregnancy symptoms (or even at all since typically don't) and no bleeding?

Only other thing i can think of is since ovulated late my period would technically be due today (which have no symptoms of) and same CM. So maybe they won't darken until the next few days to week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->