Help-Found my birth mother on facebook

I would def contact her, tell her everything you'd like her to know, thats your a mum now etc, just incase (god forbid) she blocks you from contacting her again. Then it's in her hands whether she gets back to you or not. I really hope it works out for you hun!

i found my 2brothers on fb my dads sons he had lost contact with this was in 2008 and we all have an amazing relationship now, one of brothers actually lives with my mum and dad now, just send her a message, i know its hard but the worst she can do is not reply xxx

i have a very good friend who founds his birth mother on fb. he contacted her and now they have begun there own relationship. i wouldnt say its a mother son one but more really good friends. she was as equally as happy as him when he started contact

Hope it went well hun, no personal experience of this...but my friend was adopted, unfortunately her birth mum died before she got the chance to meet her, so in that case I would say to message her (which you have haha) if it goes wrong, then it will hurt, but you wont really have lost anything, but otherwise you will always be left wondering xx

I'm adopted hun and found my real family on facebook and we did get in touch and if I completely honest I wish in some ways I hadn't as things didnt go the way I hoped just thought I would prepare you for the worst hun but I hope your story has a happier ending than mine xxxx

Honey, she may have gone through the years wondering what you look like, what you are like, etc. But was scared to contact you just as much as you are to contact her.

I do realize there is the chance that she may not want the contact but I think by at least trying you will know instead of wonder.

:hugs::hugs:

I found out I had an adopted sister a few years ago. My mum was 16 when she had her and her mum had given her the choice of either adoption or for them to keep her and bring her up as my mums sister. My mum ended up in quite a horrific car accident when she was 7 1/2 month pregnant and they took my sister out whilst she was being operated on. She was adopted at a few months old.

We never knew anything of my sister until she contacted ME through fiends reunited asking for contact with my mum ! We were gobsmacked - BUT from the 1st moment we met she clicked and was like a long lost family member. I gained a new sitser, a new friend, a nephew and recently a niece and a BIL !! My mum had celebrated her birthday every year alone and had always wanted contact but didnt think that my sister would ever of forgiven her so left it at that. It was one of the best years of our life and I really hope that this gives you a sucessful and happy outcome. xx

aww that's beautiful Laura. I pray your relationship is always strengthened.

did you make contact with your mum? have you heard from her?
everything crossed for you xxx

I've made contact with my birth family and I'm glad I did. My birth mother and I have no relationship, but I gained 3 siblings, a niece, a nephew, living grandparents and wonderful cousins. Good luck it wont be easy.

I just read through this thread. I havent got any experience but I wanted to wish you the best. I hope it turns out how you hope it to.

I also do not have any direct experience with this. But I have had a friend go through this sort of situation. I think you should contact her if you feel that that part of your life is a loose end. If it feels like you are missing something. Just tell her who you are, what your situation is, and that you would be open to a friendship if she is. You need to not expect anything in return for contacting her. Do it to get it off of your chest and be ready to leave it behind if she doesn't respond, or doesn't respond kindly. She put you up for adoption because she thought you would be better off without her. It may be all of the peace of mind you both need to just tell her you have grown and succeeded, she did the right thing. and leave it at that. If you approach it minimalistic-ally you have nothing to loose and everything to gain. I hope this helps!

Heyy :) I'm also trying to contact my birth motherm I know her first name but me and my brothers and sisters all have different second names all I know is I have her eyes haa! I'm suffering with my health and its so annoyng that I don't know any family history :/

i think ive found my real mum on facebook i was adopted at the age of 8 weeks her pics are the spits of me i dont know what to do do i message her and say hello mum or do i leave it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->