Please can anyone offer my any advice? I am booked for a csection on Monday with my second child. My hubby did not stay at the birth of our son due to a severe needle phobia and feeling unable to cope with seeing me in pain or cope with blood, epidurals etc. I was totally fine with this and my amazing sister was the best birth partner I could have ever hoped for. This time round hubby told me that he wanted to be at the birth as he felt like he had missed out on seeing his son before my sister and my mum. However, thanks to very severe spd I have been booked in for an elective csection. Up until yesterday hubby agreed that he wanted to be at the section and could cope with everything as long as he didn't have to see any needles! I had discussed this with the theatre staff and found ways to make this possible so I was thinking everything was great. Then all of a sudden he says that he doesn't want to be there and that he feels like I have just decided he should be. This is far from the case as although I want him there I am more than happy for my sister to be my birth partner again. I am worried that either he will change his mind at the very last minute hence causing me extra stress etc which ever way he decides to go or that he will come into theatre and hate the whole experience hence ruining my experience? So finally this morning I have told him that he has today and tomorrow to make a decision so that worst case scenario I have Sunday to make other arrangements for my sister to be there. He came out and said that one of his concerns was that he wouldn't be able to explain to our son why he didn't go to his birth but he did our daughters. Am I being harsh? This is one of the most stressful experiences of my whole life and I just want to feel like I have some control over the situation and that he makes the right decision for him, whatever that is in time for me to prepare myself mentally. Sorry for the long post but just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar or could offer any advice?