Help! In agony. Should I get seen?

lauraairving

Reaction score
So the past 2 days I've had a horrible back pain. I've been awake since 4am so far with it. It's not like any "back ache" I've had before. It's the right hand side of my rig cage at the back. It hurts when I breathe and its worst when I'm laid down. Along with this I've had lots of pressure down below and pains in my stomach that come and go and get more intense. I don't think they're contractions but I can't help but think the amount of pain I'm in isn't normal. I've tried google but the advise is that it's things stretching. This is no way stretching. It's my second pregnancy. I really don't know what to do I feel like docs will just dismiss me and I feel silly going. But on other hand I cannot cope.

If you'd describe the pain as agony I'd get it checked. Hope you feel better soon

It really is. I haven't even had morning sickness but the pain has me on the verge of throwing up and I've cried when my partner asked if I'm okay lol x

I'd go to the dr ASAP. I wouldn't take any chances.
Big hugs x

Yes, go and get seen by a doc, it COULD be a kidney infection maybe, which could easily explain the pain. I've known some momma's that have thought they're in labour because of the same thing and it's been the kidneys. Obviously I have no clue and not diagnosing that to be the cause but just saying it could be.

Get checked out by your doctor :hugs: you can't leave yourself in lots of pain like that

yes please get checked out ASAP ... let us know what the doc says ... good luck

Thanks ladies. Yes I actually said to my partner the other day that I was getting concerned it's early labour. I know it isn't but that's the level of pain I'm in. Thank you for your help xx

Got an appointment soon at the doctors. She said its too high up to be the baby's position causing me pain so fingers crossed I'll get some answers xx

How far along are you?

I had something like this at around 20 weeks with my first pregnancy and so did my sister in law. Honestly, it was more painful than labour and I did not take any pain relief in labour. For both of us it turned out to be the uterus pressing on the kidney.

I was sent for an ultrasound scan to check for kidney stones but thankfully it wasn't that and strangely, the technician had the same thing when she was pregnant!

I'm 24 weeks tomorrow I just really hope they can sort it I really can't deal with it honestly. Did yours ease off? X

I'm 24 weeks tomorrow I just really hope they can sort it I really can't deal with it honestly. Did yours ease off? X

It did eventually and it didn't stay excruciating for more than a day I don't think. I was also given buscopan when I went to the hospital (before they knew what it was) and that helped, although could have just been coincidence.

This started Sunday morning :( it's just getting gradually worse and worse xx

Have you had a respiratory infection recently? It sounds very much like pleurisy to me, which I got really badly once when I had pneumonia. I had no idea I had pneumonia. I wasn't "sick". Though I had had a cold maybe 3 weeks before. I was a bit winded, but then I got this excruciating pain in my bottom right rib cage. It hurt when I breathed and I couldn't lie down (I literally had to sleep sitting up in bed). It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I had a completely natural birth with my daughter with no pain relief and that was a walk in the park in comparison. I finally started to cough up blood clots so went to the doctor and it turns out I had pneumonia! Pleurisy is basically a fluid build up around the lungs, which is common when you have pneumonia, but you can get it for other reasons as well. I honestly felt fine otherwise, except for the coughing up blood bit but that didn't come until later after the pain was already really bad. I ended up admitted to hospital for 3 days. So get it checked out.

I've had a bad cold a couple of weeks ago but that's cleared up now. I've just been to the doctors and left in tears. He didn't check my urine or anything. Basically had my touching my toes which didn't hurt and laying on a bed lifting my legs which also didn't hurt. He said its a pulled muscle that could take weeks to go and to take paracetamol. Literally crying my eyes out I've got work in 3 hours I can hardly call and say I'm not coming in cos I've got a bloody pulled muscle it sounds pathetic.

Oh hugs :hugs: can you go to a walk in centre for a second opinion?

I've phone the midwife unit who said its not pregnancy related so there's nothing they can do. The muscle he's saying I've pulled is a shoulder muscle this is my lower right ribs x

Go to a&e then, that's ridiculous, sounds like he didn't even listen to you.

I'm really tempted honestly Its coming like in waves getting more intense and some pains in my stomach too x

Go to your labor and delivery. I can't believe they told you it's not pregnancy related. If you are in pain then you need to be checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->