Help! In agony. Should I get seen?

That is disgraceful, definitely go to a&e they need to check your urine and treat you if it's an infection check you over properly!

I spoke to maternity assessment who said its not pregnancy related so I feel ridiculous going now. Still in absolutely agony honestly even had a bath which didn't help at all.

Don't feel stupid! Sounds like you're at your wits end, and understandably so! You need to be seen and taken seriously, you can't be left to deal with the pain you're getting on your own!

Just caught up on your thread - you poor thing. I agree with others maybe go to A&E - get yourself checked over. Hugs x

Hi..

Not sure if it the exact same thing but something similar happened to me when i was about 25wks. I was literally crying in pain it was at the top of my bump. Honestly it was so bad i thought i wad dying. It would come and go. I went to medical assessment and they dismissed everything and said it was nothing to worry about. I must have gone in like 3 or 4 times. Anyway at 30wks i started leaking fluid and started bleeding heavily. I had and emergency csec at 31wks exactly due to having no fluid and an infection. Just before the csec the consultant said that the placenta was nearly covering the opening..i think the pain could have been the placenta moving. Anyway after i had my lo i was in hosp for 2months due to allsorts but the drs werent 100 per cent what was wrongapart from saying sonething about my diaprahm and inflammation.

I'd go into labor and delivery not call. If you're there they can check you without dismissing you.

Think I'm going to go up to a&e today ladies thanks for your advice I've been up all night in pain, thrown up and I've had chills and then next minute been sweating X

Think I'm going to go up to a&e today ladies thanks for your advice I've been up all night in pain, thrown up and I've had chills and then next minute been sweating X

Sounds like the symptoms I had when my gallbladder was infected, I started getting these pains during pregnancy and they always said it was heartburn until I was extremely ill and ended up having emergency surgery to remove it, I hope they get it sorted a and e is the best place to be. I know my pains were always on the right side, ribs shoulder sometimes top of stomach. They dismissed it for so long because apparently on fat women over 40 get it pfft I was skinny and 22!

Good luck let us know xx

Sounds like you've got gallstones.

The pain is unbearable, I had it for 2 years before they removed my gallbladder, they only removed it because it kept causing pancreatitus, the pain is just like contractions (back labour) all up your shoulder blade and under your ribs (right side) like you said. Go to A&E, I had to everytime, my attacks ranged from a few hours to days, they can do an ultrasound on your gallbladder to check for stones, an attack happens when a stone gets stuck in your bile duct, so until it passes through you'll be in that pain. The only thing that takes that pain away is morphine. Please go to A&E.

your symptoms sounds like mine when I found out I had a hiatal hernia, I also got the pain on top of tummy and back whn I was pregnant and put it down to a growing belly, only after having DD I fell ill with the cold sweats, nausea and vomiting ... they also thought it was gallstones and did a medical sonar and found nothing, only when I had a g-scope they found the hernia ... please to your emergency room ASAP ... good luck

You Must go to A&E, I hope you've already gone by now.

It sounds exactly like what I had when the uterus was pressing on the kidney, but it could also be kidney stones or gallbladder or something else entirely.

You need to have your urine checked and an ultrasound scan of the kidneys and gallbladder at the very least.

It doesn't sound like a problem with the baby, but it almost IS pregnancy related in that it is probably something that would not be bothering you if not for the pregnancy.

Been back to the docs for second opinion. He's said I've got a serious UTI infection. He's given me antibiotics booked my back in for Friday and if it's not any better I need admitting to hospital. He said if symptoms get worse rather than better to go to a&e. Got all sorts in my urine blood keystones ect

I'm glad you got seen again. I hope the problem is resolved quickly! It was ridiculous how you were treated the first time.

glad you got to the bottom of this ... hoping for a speedy recovery for you

At last, a result! Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly and you soon start to feel better

Thanks so much for all your help. I can't believe how much pain this has caused me. The doctor dipped my wee and literally went OMG why didn't we test your wee yesterday!

So was it the same doctor as yesterday?

The same doctors but a different doctor. As soon as I started telling him my symptoms he said its no way a pulled muscle. And he tested my wee and said OMG why didn't we test your wee yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->