Help - is this positive? Waiting to book IUI!

PnT

Reaction score
We are waiting to go for our first IUI at the AART clinic. I have tried to get a positive result for now three months. The first month I tested once a day, the second month twice a day, and now I'm up to three times a day. I got this result last night at 6:30pm. I've tried to contact the company for an opinion, but all their operators are busy last night and this morning, and they probably can't give one anyway - it says to ask your doctor about your fertility status.

If it's positive, I call the clinic today, but they won't book me until Sunday because of their weekend booking policy. I don't know if that's too late for IUI or not - I know that same day might be too soon.

Attachments

• ovul1.jpg
    ovul1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 22
From that picture it looks to me to be very near to being positive, but not quite, which would mean it would be good to book the IUI for Sunday. Your clinic should be able to give you clearer answers since they use ultrasound.

I'm going through IUI also and I would say call and set it up. If it's not positive now it will be today. My clinic has me use the clear blue digitals to confirm. They give a smiley face. But I would say make that call and get in there tomorrow. Good luck!!

Thanks for the response! I tested this morning first thing (as per the clinic) and also at noon, and both were clear negatives. I think I am a very short surger! If it happened, it was last night - however, my partner and I have done some research this morning and found out that part or half lines may or may not indicate a positive based on the company that you use. We have been trying to live chat with early-pregnancy-tests since last night with no success - they don't have a 1-800 customer assistance number.

The nurse at the clinic didn't say they would check with ultrasound, interestingly, although I didn't ask - it's as if they do the IUI or not, and if you decide separately that you want follicular tracking, then they do that and charge for it by the cycle. We booked an appointment for tomorrow at 2:00pm, with the hopes that we get a response from the company, and if not, we should probably cancel it.

I don't get ultrasounds either. It's kinda hard to tell but hopefully things will work out for you and you will get to go in. Have you tried any other tests or just the ones you have in the pic?

I think it's positive!!! Good Luck!! :)

Hi again!

I bought a package of Conceive ovulation test strips, which have been not very good so far. The control lines are not very obvious, and one didn't work at all. I'll attach the picture of that one taken at the same time as the earlier one... these are just my back-ups, since I felt they weren't as clear as the early-pregnancy-tests one.

I still haven't been able to get in contact with the early-pregnancy-tests company to get their policy on half or part-lines, and tentatively booked with the centre for IUI tomorrow at 2:00pm. If I don't hear from the company by tomorrow morning, I have to cancel my appointment before 8:00am - at least that's what they advised if there wasn't confirmation of a positive. This has been a crazy week... I'm sure you all know what it's like but this is definitely new for us!

Attachments

• ovul2.jpg
    ovul2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9
MrsC8776 - I think we're going to use the clearblue digitals for next month, to have another option that might be clearer. I see they come with one digital piece, and 7 strips. Can you buy replacement strips too?

That is a pretty bad test. I'm not understanding why you would have to cancel the appointment. It looks like you positive came on the other test. I know it's all confusing and testing is the most stressful part when doing an IUI because the timing has to be just right.

The digitals come in two different kinds of packs. I think one has 7 tests and the other has 20. I do the 7 tests and buy these https://www.amazon.com/Combo-40-Ovu...LNVU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1327790725&sr=8-2 I think you can also get the digitals on Amazon also. The cheapest store I have found them at is Walmart but they are still like 27.00. I use the strips first and confirm with the digital. Saves a lot of money because one month I went through two packs of 7 tests. You can't buy refills either. Hopefully that gives you a little info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->