Help! Is this the start of labour?

DanniB8910

Reaction score
Ive literally just woke up (it's 2:53am) to go for a wee but I woke up with a real tight bump and by time I got to the toilet .. LORD OL'MIGHTY my bump was soo tight and the pain going through it and my back was unbelievable it made me go all hot and I thought I might pass out!
Before I went to sleep I was getting a tight bump and pains in
My back but to be honest I thought that would be happening for weeks!?
I'm now sat on my bed and the pain has totally gone .. If it was the start surely id be getting more?
I'm so freaked out because the pain was so intense I had a towel in my lap/face trying to ease the pain off.
Help!

Oh the pains keep coming back!
I don't want to go through labour now .. I just want my baby!
Ouch :(

Good Luck!!! :flower:

remember to breath thru the pains... its supposed to hurt ....keeping calm will help tho!! :hugs:

sure does sound like it...like PP said, try to remember to breath!!

Good luck! :flower:

Thanks ladies!
Can these stop and go away completely or will this be it now?
I'm so scared now (excited still) but way more freaked out and I'm ready to just get it out of the way with lol.
I said I wanted a natural birth at the beginning but I so take that back!
Xxxxxxx

they can stop, although with you being nearly 39 weeks. I doubt they will. Just start timing them. I believe in the UK they tell you to come in when they are 3 min apart....But since Im in the US Im not for sure :) Give a call and let them know :D

When I went into labor my mind was constantly wondering if "this was really it" I was convinced that it was false labor until my water finally broke (this doesn't happen for everyone though). After going into the hospital only to be sent home for a while, the nurses told me to go home and take a warm bath and drink lots of water- if it was false labor then the contractions would slow down- if not then it was real labor. So maybe try those out?

I wish you the best of luck! The pain is real and hard to deal with but just remember that each painful contraction brings you closer to the best feeling ever- holding your baby. Hope this is it for you!:hugs:

I just got myself a huge glass of water to get down myself.
I can't stay off the toilet! Ive not got the runs (sorry can't spell the correct word lol) but I feel like I need to poo every 5 seconds.
I've got bits of pink when I wipe aswell!
OMG I think I may just be having a baby :O
Should I have some cereal now before it gets a million times worse.
I know think I should have gone to breathing classes or something lol.
Xxxxxxx

LOL I know in the US they dont like us to eat just in case you have to have a section. Also there might be some vomiting involved as well. So the cereal is up to you :) but it is only going to get worse, sorry to say :( As far as breathing just try your best to not flex up and breath. It will cause things to take longer. the more relaxed you are the faster things will move for you :hugs:

I'm in labour! Ended up going to the hospital and I'm 3cm.
She told me I could be back in an hour or this afternoon.
I wish she didn't stick her fingers in me contractions are now a million times worse!
I'm so much calmer than I was at 3 this morning but I'm so scared that the pain is goin to be a million times worse!!
I want drugs! And lots of them!

Oh good luck! Try to keep calm and breathe through each pain. Just think about how close you are to meeting your baby :)

:hugs:
How are you getting on now?
Do u have a tens to put on? they are good in early labour..xxx

Ohhh thanks for the update!! I sure hope everything works our well for you hon! GOOD LUCK!!!!

omg im really scared now to go in to labour lol. good luck. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"