Help! Jumpers? My arms have had enough!

sam's mum

mum of two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
My day so far has consisted of feeding Sam, and holding him on my knee while he jumps up and down! He won't sit still, gets bored of playing on the floor after about 5 minutes and just seems to want to be held standing up constantly so that he can jump! No idea where he gets the energy from, and while I'm sure this is great for toning my biceps, I'm not sure how much more my arms can take :rofl:

We have a door bouncer but our door frames are quite narrow and he launches himself head first at the sides! I can't think what I can pad the door frame with that he won't just pull on top of himself, as he grabs everything within reach!

Can anyone recommend some sort of bouncer thing that he can play in? They're all quite expensive and I don't want to waste a load of money on something that's not going to be used lots...

Something like this? Anyone got one?

Fisher%20Price%20Rainforest%20Jumperoo.jpg

HaHa thought you made a thread about jumpers = clothes :rofl:

think wobbles has something similar for cailtin and the pics she posted showed her asleep in it...
and i think Tashandbump has a door frame bouncer which she could maybe give you tips on..

sorry hun the one i have is this and it doesnt jump much, but Rhiannon loves it
https://i35.tinypic.com/2zh2o1v.jpg

Josh throws himself on the door frame too, we put pillows!!

HaHa thought you made a thread about jumpers = clothes :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That thing you've got for Rhiannon looks great! I'm just worried that he'll try to bounce too much in something that doesn't bounce, as the second he's on his feet he's jumping! x

Josh throws himself on the door frame too, we put pillows!!

I tried pillows which were fine at first but now he just grabs them and they end up on the floor or in his mouth :rofl:

liam has the leapfrog learn and groove and he loves being in it. he jumps around and can spin around in the seat x

Attachments

• 101_0339.jpg
    101_0339.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 101_0338.jpg
    101_0338.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 10
its really good, its a traingular shape and the bottom platform moves so no matter how much they push down the platform goes down too so they cant launch themselves out of it..

here's the link to it :)
https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=77156031&mcb=core

could only find it in pink but ive got mine in blue's and yellow's..

liam has the leapfrog learn and groove and he loves being in it. he jumps around and can spin around in the seat x

That looks great! Thank you :D Those pictures are so gorgeous! x

its really good, its a traingular shape and the bottom platform moves so no matter how much they push down the platform goes down too so they cant launch themselves out of it..

here's the link to it :)
https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=77156031&mcb=core

could only find it in pink but ive got mine in blue's and yellow's..

That looks perfect too! Will have a look for one that's not pink after he falls asleep tonight (hours from now probably...how is all this jumping not tiring him out?! :rofl:) x

My day so far has consisted of feeding Sam, and holding him on my knee while he jumps up and down! He won't sit still, gets bored of playing on the floor after about 5 minutes and just seems to want to be held standing up constantly so that he can jump! No idea where he gets the energy from, and while I'm sure this is great for toning my biceps, I'm not sure how much more my arms can take :rofl:

We have a door bouncer but our door frames are quite narrow and he launches himself head first at the sides! I can't think what I can pad the door frame with that he won't just pull on top of himself, as he grabs everything within reach!

Can anyone recommend some sort of bouncer thing that he can play in? They're all quite expensive and I don't want to waste a load of money on something that's not going to be used lots...

I have this but am yet to use it. It was well recommended to me by a friend. Her LO LOVED it.

xxx

I have this jumper and Noah LOVES it:)

Have you tried him in a walkie pen yet?? sounds like he would love it, I had dec in one from about 31/2 months and he was walking in it from about 5 months. HV said as long as he is not in it for more than 1/2 at a time then it will do no harm. I used to put him in for 1/2 in morning and 1/2 hour in the afternoon. Them bouncy things are so expensive and he will be out of it in no time believe me once he starts crawling he will only want to be on the floor, Dec started crawling at 7 months and he wont even go in the walkie any more!!! Hope your arms get better soon lol :hug:

https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/summerlovesjamie/6-09-08005-1.jpg https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/summerlovesjamie/7-10-08034-1.jpg

Thats the same one Colton has. I got it from my uncle.. whose little girl LOVED it; and now Colton uses it (for about 2 months now) and he LOVES it!
I'd recommend it!

Have you tried him in a walkie pen yet?? sounds like he would love it, I had dec in one from about 31/2 months and he was walking in it from about 5 months. HV said as long as he is not in it for more than 1/2 at a time then it will do no harm. I used to put him in for 1/2 in morning and 1/2 hour in the afternoon. Them bouncy things are so expensive and he will be out of it in no time believe me once he starts crawling he will only want to be on the floor, Dec started crawling at 7 months and he wont even go in the walkie any more!!!

I thought about getting one of those instead but we have wooden floors downstairs and I'm worried he'll just fly all over the place!

Hope your arms get better soon lol :hug:

:rofl: Thank you!

We have a jumperoo and she goes mad in it! Really burns off all that extra energy. They are worth every penny. We originally bought a door bouncer but she hated it and much prefers this! I was talkin to a few women at Post-natal group about these and 4 of them went and bought them and their babies all loved it so can't be bad.

Shame they don't come in plain green though :rofl:

Thanks everyone! Think I might get one and see how it goes as I'm sure we'll want it for #2 anyway! Off to look for deals! x

Shame they don't come in plain green though :rofl:

:rofl:

My new highchair does though :rofl:: x

I posted a video of Noah in the jumper for you sam's mum in the photo gallery :hug:

I dont have a jumper just yet but the way he kicks i might soon lol what si the brand name of that one I SO WANT ONE lol

I dont have a jumper just yet but the way he kicks i might soon lol what si the brand name of that one I SO WANT ONE lol

It's Fisher Price (Rainforest Jumperoo I think) x

Ryan is the same - I tell you - my arms have got a lot more toned! :rofl:
He has a doorway bouncer, but doesn't really jump much in it. He does use his jumparoo loads though and loves it.

There is a new version of this one though and the seat in the new one is a swivel one and is even better. This one is a hand me down and doesn't move, but it's fabulous all the same.

https://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n422/Sreihill/th_M2U00070.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->