Help losing (vanity) belly fat?

LittleBunnie

Trying for #1
Reaction score
So after taking a ton of prenatal vitamins, a few multivitamins, and having to stay in bed for almost 2 weeks after having a cyst removed from my ovary, I have put on a bit of belly fat. :cry:

Here's my stats : 4Foot. 9Inches. 100lbs even as of this morning.

I used to dance in my spare time, before I met my OH, I kind of lost touch with that part of my personality, and I don't really do it anymore. A friend suggested doing a body wrap, but I want permanent effects that I can work for. :blush:

I am going to start trying to jog around the yard for 15 minutes, just to work myself up to it (i'm still a bit sore from the surgery). I've never really had to work out before, I mean dancing probably kept me in shape, but actual gym time I never did. :dohh:

Just so you ladies can get a general idea of what I am talking about :
:wacko: Here is my tummy.
https://i33.tinypic.com/1qk128.jpg
I'm really hoping to slim down. Not so much weight because my weight doesn't bother me, I'm more for burning fat off my belly? I'd like to go back to looking somewhat like this :

https://www.cleanbodyfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/flat-stomach.jpg

:happydance: The second picture is something of a motivation for me. Hoping to get a tummy just like hers! :hugs: I'm really open-minded when it comes to trying new things, so I would definitely appreciate any suggestions/tips.

:flower:

Unfortunately you can't burn fat off just your belly, spot reducing just isn't possible. When we lose weight we can't choose where the weight will come from, the best approach would be to focus on general weight loss whilst doing exercises focused on strengthening your core. I am in a similar position as I have been left with a little pouch on my belly that I am desperate to shift. Other than my little mummy tummy the rest of my tummy has reduced considerably so you can see the muscle definition just waiting for my pouch to catch up (but I know that by the time it does I will probably have lost more weight from other areas to). Good luck with it :thumbup: xx

Thank you! :flower: I used to have a nice, toned tummy. I stopped dancing about 2 years ago and it is just catching up to me. :cry: I know the only one I have to blame is myself, I'm just used to being that 'skinny-mini', now I'm a chub. :haha: My OH doesn't mind and says he still thinks I am the sexiest woman he has ever seen, but I want to be better for him.

I know I need to incorporate squats into my new 'work-out' somehow. Also, maybe doing situps/crunches would help? Not too sure I can do them right away though.

Also, I'm wondering if I should be looking at cutting certain things out of my diet?

I don't have anything to add, but just want to say that I'm in the same boat as you. After having to have had two c-sections, I have a pretty prevalent pouch on my lower belly that's pretty unattractive to me. The rest of my belly has slimmed down but I just need to get my pouch slimmed down. Any diet or exercise tips/ideas would greatly be appreciated.

I don't have anything to add, but just want to say that I'm in the same boat as you. After having to have had two c-sections, I have a pretty prevalent pouch on my lower belly that's pretty unattractive to me. The rest of my belly has slimmed down but I just need to get my pouch slimmed down. Any diet or exercise tips/ideas would greatly be appreciated.

:wave: Good morning!

I think I am going to try to get back into dancing. I was thinking of taking pole dancing? :happydance: (I'm sure my OH would love that). A friend suggested I try Zumba or Yoga. I'm not sure how that would help me though, other than centering myself. :winkwink:

I'm willing to try it all though. I just want to get back to being active again, It's been a little hard with the surgery, I'm almost 4 weeks in now and I'm finally able to stretch without hurting. OH says "Babe, you have to understand you've been inactive for a month, your body changes, but I still think you're smoking hot." Bless his heart. :hugs:

Maybe it's all about diet? I'm too scared to try any diet pills.? Have you ever tried any?

I don't cut anything out of my diet, I did for a while and I was miserable! Now I eat whatever I want as long as it's in my calorie allowance for the day. I wanted a krispy kreme the other day so I did a zumba workout to 'earn' the calories and fully enjoyed it with a cup of tea :) I finished '30 day shred' a couple of weeks ago and I'm now doing 'Ripped in 30'. When I've finished I'm gonna do '6 week 6 pack' and hope that it helps tone up my stomach and burn some fat (I don't expect to be able to get a 6 pack in 6 weeks but a bit more toned would be nice!). Now I know toning my stomach won't spot reduce the fat there so I'll be sticking to my diet and drinking a lot of water. I wouldn't cut anything out as getting healthier is meant to be a lifestyle change and not a quick fix xx

PS - Do not use diet pills

I don't cut anything out of my diet, I did for a while and I was miserable! Now I eat whatever I want as long as it's in my calorie allowance for the day. I wanted a krispy kreme the other day so I did a zumba workout to 'earn' the calories and fully enjoyed it with a cup of tea :) I finished '30 day shred' a couple of weeks ago and I'm now doing 'Ripped in 30'. When I've finished I'm gonna do '6 week 6 pack' and hope that it helps tone up my stomach and burn some fat (I don't expect to be able to get a 6 pack in 6 weeks but a bit more toned would be nice!). Now I know toning my stomach won't spot reduce the fat there so I'll be sticking to my diet and drinking a lot of water. I wouldn't cut anything out as getting healthier is meant to be a lifestyle change and not a quick fix xx

:wave: That sounds amazing. I've been hearing a lot about this shred, since I've been lurking this forum. I might have to try it out. :happydance: The only thing is I've never worked out before so I'm wondering if I'm okay to just jump right into it?

I'm not too sure I want a 6pack, but nice abs wouldn't be bad. :blush:

Well. The last pic is really nice and awesome belly. According to me you should take concentrate to your diet first. Make sure that you take low fat and carbs in your diet. Also drink green tea and other salads. Green tea is boost your metabolism and burn your belly fat. In exercise, I think you should do sit ups and cycling.

:wave: That sounds amazing. I've been hearing a lot about this shred, since I've been lurking this forum. I might have to try it out. :happydance: The only thing is I've never worked out before so I'm wondering if I'm okay to just jump right into it?

I'm not too sure I want a 6pack, but nice abs wouldn't be bad. :blush:

I'm on day 14 of the 30 Day Shred, and although I want to kill myself while doing it, I can already see the effects! I haven't actually lost any weight, but I already lost in my hips and waist.

I recommend it. It's only 27 minutes long, and if you watch what you're eating and drink lots of water while doing it, you'll see results! It's hard work, though!

There's a thread on here for supporting those who are doing the shred. There are people starting it all the time, so don't worry about being on the schedule with everyone else (I'm not).

:flower:

I started running to lose weight off my thighs (I'm 5'7" and 125lbs, size 2-4).
I have the flattest tummy of my whole life! I didn't know it when I started, but running does glorious, glorious things to your core!
I saw an INCREDIBLE difference within a couple of months. The best part is that I burn SO many calories running, that I get to treat myself with dessert ALL the time!
It's the perfect exercise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"