Help me extend my luteal phase :)

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by happybeany, Nov 17, 2011.

1. happybeany

happybeany Well-Known Member

I think I've got a short luteal phase... I have only been properly charting this month, but was using OPK's loosely before. I always get positives late in my cycle, about 7 days before AF. This month is (in theory) 5 days - I'm due today, but no AF yet so might be longer hopefully :)

I got pregnant with my son really, really late in my cycle last year, and had a mini period so I didn't even realise I was pregnant at first - so I know I can get pregnant and keep it..

Is there anything I can do to naturally extend my luteal phase?:flower::flower:

2. ducky1502

ducky1502 Well-Known Member

Vitamin b6 is supposed to help people with short luteal phases :)

3. happybeany

Thanks! I'm so new to *trying* to conceive! :flower:

4. LovingLimes

LovingLimes Well-Known Member

It is kind of controversial to some people, but soy isoflavones helped me ovulate. I heard they help you ov. early sometimes, I got my +opk cd12. Good luck girl!

5. happybeany

I bought some earlier today, I need to look them up a bit more and learn how to use them properly but hoping that they work for me!

No AF for this cycle yet so I'm still hopeful :)

6. Lala27

Lala27 Guest

Soy usually does make women O earlier. So you could try that but at your own risk because it could mess up your cycle too. I would take a b6 but it will only work if you take it along with a b complex though from everything I have seen.

7. happybeany

Yeah I got both of those. Thinking of just going down that route next time as I know I can get pregnant with my short lp, and I do ovulate, just late :)