HELP ME: HURRY!!!Soft cup/Diva cup insertion

iBeach

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know this question has been posted way too many times, but here is mine once more.

I will be starting home AI this Friday. I tried couple cycles with just syringe but this time I want to use a soft cup as well.
Question: Do you put semen in a cup and put it in? Do you put semen inside you and than insert cup? or.....( I don't have preseed).
:dohh:

Confusing!!!!!

I have never used a soft cup and I don't want to loose semen trying to put it in....and what if I put it in soft cup and it stays on the bottom of it and doesn't reach the cervix? :dohh:

Any help appreciated!

Hi there,

I am a regular user of softcup for period :). My recommendation is to use sperm safe lubricant like pre-seed to ease it in. If you don't produce enough CM, it can be a little painful to put it in since it's a little bigger then tampon. I think you can buy it in Target from what I've heard. I could be wrong. I got mine from Amazon.

Also from what I've read, there are two ways to use it. After the sperm is in you then put in the softcup or put the sperm directly on the softcup then put it in.

Personally, I'll put some inside of me in the syringe and then some on the softcup. I am not sure how much semen you have but hopefully enough to do both methods.

Good luck!

Btw, if you go to pre-seed website, it'll tell you where to buy it. It listed Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreen, Rite Aid, and Publix to mention a few :).

Thank yooooou!

I am always worried, because when I pull out syringe some of it comes out automatically;)) do I need to scoop it back up with a cup? because if I do it laying down, I am worried semen will come out of cup too....but I guess I could put it in a cup standing up and than lay down....
Too many options!

Hi there,

I am not familiar on how to do it w/ semen to be honest. But I'll help you figure it out :).

How bout this? Put half of the semen that you have in the syringe and then put the other half on softcup. Put some lubricant around the softcup. When you are ready, lay down, use the syringe first, make sure you prop pillows under you so hopefully the semen won't come out easily.

After you are down w/ the syringe, then put the softcup in you. The softcup should be able to hold the semen nicely while you do your syringe procedure. if you are afraid the semen will spill out, i recommend grabbing a glass that's a little smaller than the softcup to help hold the semen.

How does that sound?

Btw, you don't want to put the softcup in while you are standing. It will hurt. Sitting in the toilet is usually the best position but in this case, I don't think you want to waste the semen :).

Thanks a lot!!!!

I will stop at Target and see if I can find pressed....

That's useful informations you gave me....thanks! maybe I should practice with empty cup too;)))

You are welcome! Glad I can help. I don't see why you can't practice with an empty cup. Just make sure it is lubricated :D. I read somewhere in the thread that someone was allergic to it. So make sure you are not.

Btw, did you get a reusable softcup or just the one time application one? They are different btw. The reusable one has thicker (more rubbery) material and the one time has very thin plastic material. I like the reusable one because it has better suction :). I found the one time application one leak more.

I do recommend watching the video on softcup website.

Good luck!! Hopefully i'll see a BFP for you next month :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->