Help me ladies!

hollyw79

Reaction score
I am REALLY interested in getting some opinions on this because I've googled the heck out of it and keep coming up with different answers.

When you get your Lh surge- do you actually ovulate right @ the peak while you are surging or do you ovulate AFTER the surge is completely gone??

Here is why I am asking- I got a positive OPK Tuesday night- it was ALMOST positive Tuesday morning. I couldn't test in the afternoon because I was walking around Disney World so it is probably likely it was positive in the afternoon. It was positive ALL day Wednesday- morning-noon-night. Thursday morning it was negative. So .. would you guess I ovulated @ some point on Wednesday or Wednesday night or would you guess after the surge was completely gone on Thursday?

Hi Hun not 100%sure as Im wanintg to know the same thing... I got my pos yesterday morn then was neg afternoon,:wacko:

It's just CONFUSING.. like you can get + while the surge is NOT at it's peak and you can also get a + when it's starting to drop~ do did you O in the middle and it drop as a result of the surge? or does the surge go completely negative and THEN you O?

What I think is you get the pos wen ur slurge is at the highest.. and you have to catch it fast to get the pos. then I tested again n it was lighter so neg so I think my slurge had ended then il ovulate 12-24 after the first pos... I hope :winkwink:

Holly I was looking into this yesterday- I did find something on it but can't find it now... Anyway what it said was that you most likely ovulate just at the end of the surge. I don't know how true that is and I can't find the page I read it on. Sorry.

It's just SO confusing.. I didn't have a short surge which is why I am asking- I had about 36 hours worth of a surge.. so it's BAFFLING me!

It is annoying. I was the opposite- Mu surge started at 07.00 in the morning and was gone at 10.00 that night, so I was wondering could I have ovulated the day after the surge. It is all very confusing

lol, it is! I just want to make sure I BD'd enough. I bd'd cd9, 12, 13,14, 15, and then 16 in the morning. Cd14 is when I got the first + and then cd16 it was totally negative. I didn't BD cd17 though .. so I just wonder if I did enough, you know?

Holly that sounds to me like you are very well covered, you probably ovulated on day 15, that is how I would see it anyway. Which means you are super covered and EVEN if you did ovulate on 16, you would still be covered as you bd that morning, It takes a while also for the surge to go from your urine. Your surge has finished roughly 6 hours before your urine will go negative.

Oh and I bd on cd 9,12,14,15 and 16! we are almost bding twins!!

Oh and I bd on cd 9,12,14,15 and 16! we are almost bding twins!!

yes, it does! looks like we're pretty much exactly the same timeframe on almost everything right now! :thumbup:

So, let's get BFP's together, shall we?? :haha:

I found this. It seems to indicate the ovulation occurs after the surge.

https://www.clearblue.com/uk/how-they-work.php

I'm working on the assumption that I will ovulate the day after the surge is first detected. I could be worng though!!

:hugs:

I have been wondering this too, have just found this:-

Dear Pat. I just received my first positive on an LH test. What does this mean? Am I ovulating? And when and how often should we make love?"

Pat: Once you receive a positive result, you may consider yourself at peak fertility! Therefore, with a positive OPK, commence the 'baby dance'. In fact, you should make love the day of the first positive, as well as the following 3 days (to be on the safe side). A positive OPK typically suggests that you will ovulate soon. Sperm can survive in a woman's body for a number of days, so lovemaking should take place so the sperm can be present when the egg descends down the fallopian tube. In sum:

• If you receive a positive result on an OPK, you are at your highest fertility level.
• A positive ovulation test tells you that that ovulation will occur within the next 12-36 hours. Time to make love.
• Make love the day your get your positive result, and over the following 3 days. Yes, this is sex on demand, but that's why there is Pre-Seed!

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/positiveresults.html[/url] is the web page.

SO what do you count as your first DPO?

XxX

SO what do you count as your first DPO?

XxX

Who knows?? According to my ticker I ovulate today - that is based on a 13 day luteal phase though and in reality it could be less. If it's much less I might be concerned. I'm hoping I actually ovulate tonight or tomorrow as OH is going away Tuesday!
12 - 36 hours is quite a difference and I've heard that it can be longer between +opk and actual ovulation. Or shorter, depending on how often you test. I guess I'll have a better idea if I still have + tomorrow then I'll know ovulation probably hasn't happened yet whereas if it is - I can assume it has and I am actually 1dpo - which would match my ticker! It's all guesswork isn't it???

If you're temping then you would know when you have ovulated and then would know when you actually are 1dpo. The rest of us just have to make it up as we go along!!! :thumbup:

For me it seems that I ovulated the day after my positive if that is any help. Maybe the night of my positive but I got my temp rise 2 days after the +ve and the temp rise is meant to be one day after ovulation.

For me it seems that I ovulated the day after my positive if that is any help. Maybe the night of my positive but I got my temp rise 2 days after the +ve and the temp rise is meant to be one day after ovulation.

Thanks for that. I'm going to assume that I'm the same (as not temping) - also means that we will have DTD on the right days!!

:happydance:

I'm still none the wiser :rofl:

At this rate, I might get AF in Vegas on our 5 year anniversary or a BFP...I know which one I'd prefer :winkwink:

XxX

Yeah it's all craziness- but important to know! If you only BD until the + is gone- you might miss it which SUCKS! But like Lyo said too- it takes about 6 hours to leave your system too- so you could get a negative- which technically would have been negative about 6 hours ago! CRAZINESS ladies, CRAZINESS!!!

It's for sure making me question when 1DPO is.. My first positive was Tuesday- stayed positive on Wednesday- and then Thursday morning it was completely negative. I saw a chart that showed O at the peak of the surge- I will try and find it... but that leads me to believe the release of the egg is what causes the Lh to drop? Am I wrong?

Hanskiz~ that link you showed DOES show O after the surge- but it also shows it like a full 2 days after... and on that chart it looks like your surge is just like one day... my surge was like 36 hours! hello- confusing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->