Help me pick my perfect nappy!!!

Hayley90

Complete
Reaction score
Hi girls :wave:

ok, so ive been interested in using reusables for a while now, and have only recently started finding more out about each type of nappy & brand etc.

Im struggling to find a nappy that will fit my lifestyle iykwim... i wondered if maybe i suggest what i need it to do & you all give me tips on which nappies do it the best?!

OK, so here goes!

1 - i dont want to have to change the wrap everytime i change LO - im funny about things being co-ordinated :blush: which nappies allow me to just change the insert without getting the nice pretty colourful bit wet/pooey?

2 - one size fits all would be handy, but if you think getting small/medium/large would help let me know - im having a boy if this makes a difference.

3 - what is the best nappy to use for boys - to avoid leaks & soaking through etc at the front of the nappy?

*if* there is a nappy in existence that does all of that ^^ i will definately buy a few and see how i get on :D

i think thats it for now... help! :flower: thanks girls. x

eta - drying isnt an issue - we dont have a dryer, but i will buy enough to cover any rainy days! As he will be born in summer i dont expect this to be a problem yet anyway :flower:

1 - you'll be looking for what they call AI2 - all in twos; you can keep the same wrap usually a good 3 times before changing it.
2 - i'd stick to one size fits all; they do look chunky on newborns so you'll more than likely need vest extenders are bigger size trousers than his age; but you save a load of cash!
3 - i never found certain nappies better than others depending if u have a girl or boy tbh; the key is to make sure his willy is always pointing down when you're changing him lol; if he's a heavy wetter you can later adjust with extra boosters.

I'd say start off with Flips or Bum genuis v3 (organic versions seem to absorb better too).

1 - i dont want to have to change the wrap everytime i change LO - im funny about things being co-ordinated which nappies allow me to just change the insert without getting the nice pretty colourful bit wet/pooey?
Any nappy that requires a wrap will pretty much let you do this. Also Pop-Ins, Itti SIO WN AI2 its also possible with (maybe some others I cant remember)

2 - one size fits all would be handy, but if you think getting small/medium/large would help let me know - im having a boy if this makes a difference.
Personally I found it was best to have small sized nappies at first and then move more into BTP later on. My LO was 9lb but BTP were too big for him even. He started wearing them from about 10lb but really they didnt fit him well enough til 12lb+. I now have a mix of sized and BTP nappies

3 - what is the best nappy to use for boys - to avoid leaks & soaking through etc at the front of the nappy?
Most nappies are very unisex. I havent had any problems with cloth and leaks/soaking through since I found nappies that suit my LOs shape (a lot of cloth nappies do suit him)

The only non-night specific two part nappies I use are Tots Bots Stretchies and Holdens Landing day fitteds. This is mostly because my dear OH forgets to put wraps on two parters.

Hi girls :wave:

ok, so ive been interested in using reusables for a while now, and have only recently started finding more out about each type of nappy & brand etc.

Im struggling to find a nappy that will fit my lifestyle iykwim... i wondered if maybe i suggest what i need it to do & you all give me tips on which nappies do it the best?!

OK, so here goes!

1 - i dont want to have to change the wrap everytime i change LO - im funny about things being co-ordinated :blush: which nappies allow me to just change the insert without getting the nice pretty colourful bit wet/pooey? An all in 2 and some prefolds. Itti bitti's are probably your best option, slim fitting with simple snap ins that you can change when wet. Closely followed by the bumgenius flip.

2 - one size fits all would be handy, but if you think getting small/medium/large would help let me know - im having a boy if this makes a difference. One sizes are handy but do have their down falls wehn it comes to newborns they can be a little chunky. Sometimes people prefer sized nappies as they tend to give a snugger fit but it's personal preference

3 - what is the best nappy to use for boys - to avoid leaks & soaking through etc at the front of the nappy? I have a girl so can't give a fair answer to this one sorry

*if* there is a nappy in existence that does all of that ^^ i will definately buy a few and see how i get on :D

i think thats it for now... help! :flower: thanks girls. x

eta - drying isnt an issue - we dont have a dryer, but i will buy enough to cover any rainy days! As he will be born in summer i dont expect this to be a problem yet anyway :flower:

:flower:

I think you should try Flips! They are BTP but apparently still slim fitting on newborns, and you just re-use the outer and replace the inserts as and when you need to.

For me personally, I have got lots of small nappies- itti bittis (which are all in ones or all in twos), mini Blueberries and small Blueberries, and some smart nappies which i'll use at first to minimise the 'bulky bum' you can get from using BTPs on newborns. Then when he's outgrown them, which is anywhere between 1-4 months from what I've gathered on here, i'll move into BTPs... Flips, BG v3s, and Pop Ins mainly.

HTH :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->