Help me plan son's 6th birthday

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Every two years, we generally have it somewhere outside of the house and it was Jayden's turn to have it elsewhere. However, he's getting a gift that he deserves because he has been sleeping in his own bed at nights now and it is kind of costly as my OH has this idea that he wants to get a specific one.

So, thinking of having his party at home.

I'm generally good at this, but my mind has been elsewhere lately and I need to get this thing on a roll for the weekend after next.

Any ideas to help me with?

How are you getting on with the plans? Are you thinking of a themed party?

:)

I do think first of all you need to start with a theme, then the guest list, then the invitations and the present off course. What are you guys getting him?

I'm taking Abbie to Disneyland Paris in a few weeks so i didn't have any money for her birthday party last month. I got her all the presents she wanted but just give her a hannah montana themed tea party at my house, all our family was there and she invited one friend from school. She was a bit upset about not having a party but understood when i explained that i spend all the pennies on Disneyland and getting her all the presents she wanted. It was a really nice day and Abbie still really enjoyed it :)

I agree with first thinking of a theme for the party. My daughter just celebrated her 5th birthday and she chose little pony. it was easier to buy the give-aways and think of the activities and cake design once the theme was set. My son had a race car party for his 6th birthday and we brought out all his matchbox sets and bought a car for each kid to play with. On his 7th birthday, he wanted an Animal planet party, and our give-aways were fighting fish. His cake was a round cake that looked like a swamp with a big crocodile on it. We had games and the prizes were all animal related. The kids had fun!

His birthday was in May :) We ended up bringing him and a friend to the fair.

I found lots of party bag things in Asda think you can get 3 packs of things like yo yo's, balloons pencils etc for £5. We also got cardboard food boxes off ebay.

Good luck!!

I see the birthday has already been and gone and I dont even know if you live somewhere where they may have an Asda!!!:dohh:

Never mind!!! :happydance::blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"