Help me you young whipper snappers with Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

toptrump

Reaction score
I am totally lost, stuck I just have not got a clue for her.

She is 19 next weeks and I am totally stuck, she has more clothes than she knows what to do with, everything she could possibly want for her horses, we have done her bedroom over the summer so that is all brand new, she does not need shoes, cosmetics, bags NOTHING.

She has ipaid air, GHD straighters and hairdryer, Smart TV so electricals are out of the question

She does not really eat chocolate and this always gets binned. She has more bottles of alcohol from her 18th from Champagne to spirits to open an off licence and actually rarely drinks.

We had her an original pencil drawing done for her 18th of her and her favourite pony.

Her main presents they are sorted, which are

Beat pill in white (bought)
Tiffany bracelet (one I want is out of stock but there is a back up)
Michael Kors handbag and matching purse (having a trip to Leeds closer to Christmas to get these from the Michael Kors shop)

Have got her perfume, knickers, socks, onesie and a few nice pieces of make up now I have hit a brick wall :dohh: I need to give her a stash of some sort and she is going to be lucky to have enough to fill a large stocking at this rate. Please please can you think of anything at all, I am normally really good but I am stuck.

If you were a 19 year old with everything, what would you want :hugs:

Would she appreciate vouchers for a spa/beauticians?

If she uses straighteners what about a Brazilian blow dry?

I'm 23 and my tastes are probably a bit different lol

I would love

Fat Face Cardigans and jumpers
Kindle Vouchers
Elderberry Dainty Converse
Personalised glass coke bottle (my name is unique lol)
Babylis Curl Secret
Cinema Vouchers
Dvd's
Chromecast
New watch
Spa treatment vouchers
Hair dresser vouchers

P.S Feel free to adopt me and grant me my wish list lmao :)

I'm replying and am most certainly not a whipper snapper!!

She gets her eyebrows done for free off a friend and because of the course she does at university she is not allowed nails on which guts her.

She only ever reads the magazine I buy, she used to have a subscription to Horse and Hound but she stopped reading them.

It is upsetting me because I am that stuck :flower:

What about some cheaper jewellery? I'm in love with the Z collection in accessorize and would love it all. It's just so pretty

What about a funky key ring for her car keys? I currently have a really cute gingerbread woman from Anya Hindmarch. My precious one was a biscuit one from her too. She has gorgeous designs

whats your budget? maybe you could book for you and her to have a little new year shopping break in London or a weekend in prague together? x

Ooh yeah a nice weekend away!! That's always my go to presie for my OH lol.... We're off to Dublin next week! Xx

A mobile phone case or cover? I love my mulberry leather case

Some lovely ideas here thank you, she is having three foreign holidays next year and I could give her money towards these but I like her to know the meaning of money so would like her to save for these with me only stepping in if I have to.

A weekend away would be lovely though, might look ino a night at York just me and her (she hates London lol) and on top of the 3 holidays one of her friends (who is an assistant producer at 17! For NBC has asked if she fancies coming to Amsterdam for New Year with him, he is gay and ugly so her boy friend will to mind lol)

I want to be 19 again :cry:

I am cutting down this year but I am struggling with the smaller presents as everything that I like for her you are talking at least £100 (more uggs, alloys for her car a coat she has seen which is nearly £200) I do not want to do it, the bag alone is £315 so it is more your fill up presents but I just do it want to buy for buying sake.

Might look for some bargains on some of the suggestions thanks guys :flower:

What about booking a session at go ape or somewhere similar for her and a friend or with you if you like a challenge.

Xx

That's sound good, her boyfriend has bought her a paintball day for her and all her friends for her birthday next week which she does not know about, that might be good thank you :flower:

Does she read? Personally I always wanted books at that age (and still do). :D

My sisters (one of whom is her age) and I all love the Alex and Ani bracelets. Have you taken a look at them?

Hun I think she has plenty, you don't need any more! That is a lot and she is extremely lucky, and at 19 she doesn't need 'filler' presents, she can appreciate the worth of everything she has.

A few extra things though, if you really want:

Stuff for going to uni/moving out. It's nice to build a collection of kitchen bits and house decor.

A Clarisonic face cleanser.

A spa day/experience day/long weekend somewhere.

Books.

Magazine subscription.

Scented candles.

I'm 21 :)

Vivienne Westwood jewellery
Accessories for her car
Sleep in rollers or Thermal rollers
Hair extensions
Voucher for a salon
A nice mug in a cosy
Jewellery holder
Hat, scarf and mittens
Yankee candles - in lots of scents

We have all our DVDs streamed to clouds through the tvs so no longer buy DVDs (geeky hubby lol) and she loves reading but physically does it have the time. The only thing she has asked for this year is a Tiffany bracelet the other things are a surprise.

It is the only time I spoil her she works so hard looks after our 7 horses all by herself and is in full time education plus works shifts every night at work until 8.30 (she literally does 12/13 hours everyday) and then her weekends she works as the therapist/first aider for a couple of rugby clubs the only day she gets off is a Sunday occasionally. I do not buy her anything anymore and only give her a small something for her birthday so I love to spoil her with things that she wold not buy for herself at Christmas. It is the one time where we stop and be a family with no distractions, she is not getting half what she normally gets but some of your ideas have been fab and I am going o look into some of them, thank you :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back