Help me you young whipper snappers with Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard fab reviews on you tube of the Clarisonic, should be able to get this free with survey Amazon vouchers, thank you going to get one :flower:

You have more than enough already. I agree though that a trip together would be good and more meaningful.

I'm 23 and at 19 my mum still loved to get me lots of filler presents. Here are some things that I'd love/have gotten:

- Nice mug (you can never have too many
- Books ( I probably get about 10 every christmas
- Fancy tea
- Voucher for clothes
- Voucher for the cinema
- Scarves
- Earrings
- A diary for the new year
- Mac makeup
- Computer game
- Cushions
- Nice socks and tights
- L'Occitane shower oil (it's sooo good!)
- Lush bath stuff
- A promise to pay for either one flight or one concert ticket
- Nice underwear set

I love Michael Kors bags. Which one did you get her?

I don't treat myself that much but designer bags are my real downfall, I adore my Michael Kors bag

This is the one but want to see in the flesh as cannot decide between this colour way or the one which is navy where this is tan with a tan strap

https://www.harrods.com/product/lar...3QnydvtgvH77i5_QmNnhyssqC1KrEB4InIBoCC-3w_wcB

That's beaut. Tan is much better to work with. Matches outfits easier.

I disagree I would have gone with navy. I have a navy bag and it goes with everything, plus the white on the sides of the tan one would be dirty sooo quickly. Gorgeous bag though! I am seriously jealous!

I would have gone for navy too lol! Its gorgeous! I would looovvveeee a designer bag xx

Another vote for the navy, I agree it goes with everything and always looks very stylish and classy.

That is a gorgeous bag, you have fab taste toptrump:flower:

Those presents are all really extravagant so not sure why you think you *need* a stash. She's an adult now she doesn't need a giant pile of extras anymore.

I believe your other post about not over spending said children will be happy with whatever they get. If she's not, then you know she's already gotten too much.

It was only small presents I was after, I did not mean to offend anyone with this post the big presents will have cost me no money (apart from the bracelet which is £140), the purse will be bought with love to shop vouchers from surveys which I have saved up (as I can get this from House of Fraser). The bag will be bought with money I have made from selling on Ebay and the Pill was bought with survey Amazon vouchers. Again her presents like Gabriella are not going to cost very much for me to buy I would not actually spend this sort of money cash on her, I just wondered if anyone had any original ideas for some small things. Although her pile will be small, a lot of what I have bought her will go in her stocking, nail things, perfume socks etc and the onesie is for Christmas Eve.

I am really happy with some of the suggestions because I had hit a brick wall and I am looking into these. It is not about having a huge pile to open I just wanted a few small things that she would use.

I will delete this post as I really did not mean anything by it, I am sorry :nope:

I think some people have taken it the wrong way, don't be disheartened Hun :hugs: I think mostly we know about your excellent bargaining skills and surveys etc. I would still be buying the bits too! Xx

Dont take it to heart you have done fab with your bargain hunting and surveys. I wouldnt judge someone for wanting to have a little stash. So dont think you can be judged for wanting a big stash.

TT don't take those comments to heart! you've done amazing with surveys and have barely spent anything! and who's to say you can't spoil your children especially when you've barely paid for any of the stuff! You do what you want lovely xxxxx <3

TT its your money and you can do what you want with it! I just find it a little odd (for lack of a better word) that you make 2 threads about how money doesn't matter then post this where you list really big purchases then ask for even more suggestions. You didn't offend me and you've nothing to apologise for.

I wouldnt take it to heart hun, i get totally what u mean, me and my bf disagree all the time about this, my son whom is 13 is at an awkward age he dont play with toys other than nerf guns and lego both of which he has loads, all he needs/wants is a mountain bike and a laptop, hes had 3 netbooks so far and they havent lasted long.. so im going to get him a nice laptop and a bike, which i think will be around 400/5, so in my mind i need to buy lil things like deodrant,socks just to bulk it out a bit, but in the bfs mind no way lol...

its so hard i havent payed full price for any of the younger kids toys but i dont want my son to feel like wow i have 2 presents.... kinda different to yours i guess mine is my own insecurities lmao xx

Thank guys have tried to delete this but don't know how :dohh:

When I read this back it does sound bad and I did not mean it to I just thought that some of you are closer to Emily's age and might be able to help with a few pressies that are a little bigger than stocking fillers but not big value things, she will have much at all to open this year as I have cut right back on both of them. I just wanted some ideas. I am not buying to make a big pile, just a pile bigger than about 5/10 things, I have bought her some Minnie Mouse Hama beads for £2.42 and I am going to buy her a bop it, but I am looking as I said into some of the ideas you have given me thank you.

Actual cost on her this year that I will have actually spent in actual money from my pocket will be less than £200 as that is the challenge I have set and this includes the bracelet. :flower:

With Gabriella I bought all the horse Playmobil before I bought the surburban house so all of that is going away for her birthday and also my mother in law wants me to buy gabbys presents for her so I am letting her go through my pile and pick out what she wants as I think she has enough without more off other people. My mum is making her a Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz outfit and I have said that is enough.

I don't find your previous thread contradicting to this at all. You just said it doesn't have to be about money if you don't have money, it's also about family and spending time together.

This thread isn't about bragging about spending mass amounts and wanting to buy more as you've stated, it's all from surveys. Some parents on here are splashing upto £500 per child out of cash yet have the decency to complain about spending a little more for "smaller" purchases as other things are expensive (not to mention practically free) and that she doesn't need more or should appreciate the cost of them. How can somebody say that somebody elses child doesn't need anything else because she has enough? Spend all you want on your daughter :) No need to be apologetic in this case.

On the plus side, I'd love to be your daughter this year though, haha.

I am 25 so a bit older now.
I always like opening little bits and bobs, even now with 2 kids my favourite pressies from my mum are my stocking fillers. I always get benefit make up, a perfume, pjamas, a dvd and some other bits and bobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back