Help me

JessyG

cautiously pregnant #1
Reaction score
My little girl self settles and sleeps like a dream at night and for naps.....as long as she is swaddled. If her arms are free she cannot settle to sleep and constantly rubs her face and tries to suck her thumb, meaning she cannot drift off to sleep. She is not actually rolling yet but shes making moves towards it so i am going to have to stop soon..very soon and am scared.

I have one of those swaddle up bags but its useless as she still tries to rub her fac etc. I have a sleeping bag also but again i dont think it will help as it is her arms that are the problem.

When is she likely to grow out of this flailing arm thing? and am i best to go cold turkey or start with naps then bed time over a period of time? i am terrified of losing my good sleeper as the last month or so has been bliss!

never swaddled my daughter (she hated it) and she found her thumb at four months and self settled ever since. so maybe your LO trying to suck her thumb isn't that bad of a thing after all?
Swaddle my son and terrified to stop swaddling as our sleep is rubbish to begin with. Have you tried double swaddle? check youtube.
also every transition (from bassinet to a crib, from swaddle to no swaddle, from a crib to a big bed, from a bottle to a sippy cup etc. etc.) is going to be a pain, just need to bite the bullet and do it. The worst transition for DD was from bassinet to a crib and that took a bit over a week. I'd start with one nap a day without a swaddle and increase it every other day. But I am afraid, oh so afraid :):)

Stalking as ds is exactly the same and I'm dreading when he starts to roll :nope:

yeah shes never had an issue where she sleeps, car, pram, crib, moses basket your arms....not fussy! we left her for 40 mins once to self settle with her thumb but other than making a hell of a noise she didnt self settle!

Think i have to try one nap at a time but not sure when to start.

I'd say start with naps! U can't swaddle forever so best to get her used to it sooner rather than later. Start with one arm out at naps and see for a few days. When naps are good with both arms out then do same at night :)

my lo always rubs her eyes, nose, plays with her soother, pulls her hair, waves her arms about for agggeess BUT she will go off to sleep, its her way of soothing.
perhaps let her for a whoke and see, I bet each night it will get shorter.
good luck.

also this. i bookmarked this: https://zipadeezip.com/testimonials/
i am going to give it a try but omg I am scared out of my mind :) I can't believe I am scared of this tiny cute peanut. But the voice on him. It's like having a fire truck marrying a police car in your living room lol

Try the zipadezip, my lo loved it! I swaddled him until 8 months then I moved to swaddle for naps and zipadezip at night then transition to zip for all sleeping. By 1 he was sleeping without anything but PJs. My lo was the same as your lo and it worked wonders though it's kind of expensive but totally worth it!

never swaddled my daughter (she hated it) and she found her thumb at four months and self settled ever since. so maybe your LO trying to suck her thumb isn't that bad of a thing after all?
Swaddle my son and terrified to stop swaddling as our sleep is rubbish to begin with. Have you tried double swaddle? check youtube.
also every transition (from bassinet to a crib, from swaddle to no swaddle, from a crib to a big bed, from a bottle to a sippy cup etc. etc.) is going to be a pain, just need to bite the bullet and do it. The worst transition for DD was from bassinet to a crib and that took a bit over a week. I'd start with one nap a day without a swaddle and increase it every other day. But I am afraid, oh so afraid :):)

we double swaddle for bed and she self settles its awesome. only one wake up for a quick feed. only a loose swaddle for naps though. i am terrified as sleep was pants before we discovered the double swaddle so i dread to think how it will be if i take it away now!

on another more positive note my lg just sat unaided for 10 secs! shes just shy of 4 months and has been desperate to sit for a month now! so proud.

Try the zipadezip, my lo loved it! I swaddled him until 8 months then I moved to swaddle for naps and zipadezip at night then transition to zip for all sleeping. By 1 he was sleeping without anything but PJs. My lo was the same as your lo and it worked wonders though it's kind of expensive but totally worth it!

People have mentioned this but i ended up buying a swaddle me up bag and it was awful so scared of wasting more money. may have to give it a go though as it cant hurt?!

my lo always rubs her eyes, nose, plays with her soother, pulls her hair, waves her arms about for agggeess BUT she will go off to sleep, its her way of soothing.
perhaps let her for a whoke and see, I bet each night it will get shorter.
good luck.

I'm going through the exact same thing! She is starting to roll on her side so I know I'm gonna have to break her free of the swaddle soon but I'm absolutely dreading it. Yet I don't want to spend a ton of money on a product that I have no idea if it will work or not.

I've decided I"m gonna start the weaning after the holidays. May God have mercy on my soul...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->