help...morning sickness

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
I'm pregnant with number 4 and am suffering with morning (more like all day) sickness. I have not actually thrown up. I hate vommiting to the point of being phobic almost. But feel sick all through the day and am wretching constantly. Smells really set me off. Everything seems to smell bad to me. Damp days, shops, people, my house and even my own body. It's making life very hard. I cannot go into a bathroom or past a bin without wretching. Trying to change my sons pooey nappies is a nightmare. I'm okish with food but as soon as I've eaten I feel sick.

What can I do to help combat this? I am in college and I am supposed to be writing a thesis and this is really crippling me. Help...

Hey, I'm in the same boat... my sister told me to put one drop peppermint oil under my nose.... I thought it sounded a little hokey, but became desperate so tried it and I'll be darned if it didn't help immediately... I use 100% peppermint essential oil... try it.. let me know how it does for you! Good luck hun, I know how bad it sucks!!!

Thanks pinkpassion I'll give that a go.

I've been exactly the same!! This will be my fourth as well! Unfortunately mint is one if the things I cannot stand! Someone said to me try sniffing a cut lemon?? I didn't try it so can't say if it works or not. What I will say though is I am finally starting to feel better! The evenings are still quite bad for sickness and I'm suffering with a lot of headaches now, but anything is better than that awful all day feeling :( I hope u find a solution and feel better soon xx

Lemon is supposed to help too. Have you tried sea bands? I'm an emetophobic.

I'm just beginning my battle with it again and so far not much is helping except sucking on sour candies. That's barely working and I may need to cave in Monday and ask my doctor for zofran which many pregnant need to use for ms. Whatever you can find that works, just don't over do it. I learned the hard way!

Thanks for the replies. I have got myself some sea bands. Not sure if they make a lot of difference but they do leave one hell of a mark on my wrists.
I find sour sweets help a little alright. Only while I'm sucking them of course but still it's a bit of relief.

Oh I dread this. :( I am an emet myself. I hate that you have it but it is nice to meet someone who shares the phobia. Have you tried the Preggie Pops? I also second the smelling a cut lemon. I hope you get relief soon!!!!

They are flavored lollipops that are designed to help with morning sickness. They also have them in lozenges. I know a few girls who swore by them. You can order them online.

Here's a link for you:

https://preggiepopdrops.com/

I'm actually using the preggo drops. I find them better than walking around sucking on a lollipop lol. I can't bring myself to eat the green apple ones. The color bothers me. They taste great though!

I use the preggie pop drops too . They have different flavors but I like sour fruit ones. Last pregnancy I couldn't stand the sour apple only lemon and raspberry. This time I can't stand the lemon only sour apple and raspberry lol they really help. Im not sure if you're in the US but I hey mine from Target.com

No I'm in Ireland. Will get some sour sweets though as they would probably work too I'd imagine.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->