• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help... My employer is trying to take all my hours away!!

eque_price

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Hey all

I am in a bit of a tight spot at work. I have looked at all avenues and even have my association involved but if I understand everything right according to the Ontario labour board my employer does not have to provide me with alternative work since I can not do my normal job which involves heavey lifting. This is esp true if she claims undo hardship. So I am still working but she is holding over my head that she may not have enough hours for me and everything goes week to week. I am truely worried about my finances since I was trying to catch up on things before the baby comes.

Any suggestions? I am VERY stressed out right now.

Thanks

Sarah

PS. If this stress keeps up and I go onto sick leave what is involved with that? Any details?

Hope you are ok, I imagine you have had your baby now. I hope the situation has been resolved now regarding work.
Take care, and good luck with the new baby.

shimmyshimmy
:hugs:

I dont really know what to say. I dont know much about the legislation about pregnancy.

Is there any benefits you can claim, or maybe do a temp admin job until the baby is born? Thats all I can think of really hun.

I hope everything works out for you.

xxx

hi there, i googled a bit and found this for you https://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/work/maternityrights/

it does say something about they can not touch you, and have to accommodat you ....x

As far as I was aware (ok so in the UK) your company have to provide you with an alternate job role, or if there isnt one available, they have to pay you to not be at work!
I have to do light duties (I work with dangerous patients) and Im doing admin and stuff, boring but it was what they offered me.
So if they offer you a tea girl job, I think you have to take it.
(((hope im not completely wrong LOL!)))

Not sure about the law on this, but I know at my workplace that if I had to do heavy lifting or even if I had to be on my feet that they would move me. Luckily I don't do either so I will be ok until I leave :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->