Help! My house is a pig sty!

aj2000

Reaction score
My gorgeous 7 week old just loves to be cuddled. However he will NEVER let me put him down. Whenever I try to put him in his mosses basket during the day, even if he is sound asleep, he cries until I pick him up again. As a result my house is a pig sty and I am getting fatter as I can't exercise (he even cries when I put him in the pram so I only use it to get from A to B rather than for nice walks).

Anyone got any ideas? Has anyone else overcome this? Or will he just grow out of it? (If he will then I'll just clean when he's older ha ha)

Thanks ladies xx

Have you tried a sling?

Hannah used to hate being put down but it does get better as they get older, especially once they start being able to hold/play with toys.

Hope things get better for you soon x

I would have to wear max in his sling all day if i wanted to get anything done around my place ..great part is that while your holding them in the sling your doing some excersize :)

My little man 4 weeks old is the same.
Try sling - it should help. And also it'll be easier while they growing.
When I want to do something but couldn't cause of son in my arms and getting upset with this sometimes I always think - it's so short period of time while he's so small that I should enjoy every minute of it, even hard one.
Hugs!

My friend was complaining about this with her 1 month old just a few days ago! She blames it on everyone picking him up any time they're around. She does the sling thing now

I was going to suggest a sling too, im considering getting one myself as i'm having similar problems!

I had this with my first...she wouldnt like to be put down, and if she did i had to be in the same room or she'd cry her eyes out.
In the end..i left her crying..if there is nothing wrong with her when she got put into her chair or pram, id let her cry and quickly nip to the loo or hoover. I know it sounds harsh, but sometimes it needs to be done. Also, they quickly start getting used to it..and soon they can play for a while on their own :) x

pop the hoover on - i swear by it!!!! my ali LOVES being held all the time - i put him him down when i need to do something with the hoover on and he sleeps right through it!!!! of course, the moment the hoover is switched off he wakes up.

XXXXX

:hugs: yes the hover is good works for me , harry has a little cry before he goes to sleep and i dont pick him up right away when he wakes up , its good for then to cry,

if you pick them up as soon as they cry they do it all the time ,as long as they are not working them self up ,

How about trying to put one of your tops with him (a worn one so it has your scent) it might just buy you some time? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->