Help my OH love "Milo"

SpringCrane

Reaction score
We aren't finding out gender, and we've gotten down to two girls names and two boys names... But my husband is now saying he doesn't really like any of them after all. Ugh! We were down to Milo or Jack and Claire or Lily. I really love Milo... the other three I like but I'm not stuck on. I don't want to force my husband into considering Milo; I want him to genuinely like it. He said he doesn't see the name aging well, and it makes him think of a cartoon dog.

BTW, Miles would be a good alternative but it's used by a very close friend's son.

So, anyone know any notable adult Milos in the world that will convince my husband it's a man's name? :)

My two year old has said emphatically Milo is his favorite name, but it's questionable how much he understands ;-)

I'm sorry but I see it the same way. Can't really see Milo working well for an adult, at least not in official/professional situations.

Would you consider a different long form maybe?
Milan?
Emilio?
Emilian?
Michael Logan or some other Mi- Lo- combo? I think that'd be really neat actually.

Or even use Milo as a middle name with a more formal first name but call him Milo? That way, he can easily choose to go with his first name for applications etc because it'll be on all this documents anyway.

Have to agree with hubby sorry. I do love Miles and having a friend who had used the name wouldnt put me off. You could have Miles but Milo as a Nn? Jack is a good strong traditional name- I love it. Love both girls names too, good choices.

Bummer, guys! Raining on my Milo parade! ;-) My two favorite boy names ever are Milo and Cooper, and my husband just thinks they're dog names. People need to stop giving their dogs human names, it's ruining things for me!

Oh well. I do like Jack. I do not like Jonathan or Theodore, which my husband prefers. Theo as a nn I can almost do, but it's my grandfather's name and there's too much bad family stuff for me to feel comfortable with the name.

We've got time. We'll settle on something eventually :)

Aw I love Milo! It was one of my English teachers names at school, he was such a cool guy; he was really old (like I'd swear he was 80 then but that can't have been right :haha:) and the name totally suited him, I was so excited when I finally found out his name :haha:. I definitely see it as a name which grows with a child into adulthood. You could look at a name which is similar to Milo, like Arlo, perhaps?
I have a Theodore, nn Ted, so I'm biased and think it's a great name :haha:.

I like Milo. I don't know how you could get him to change his mind though.

Have you ever watched The Tweenies? I think of the purple, slightly creepy one

I like Milo too, I can picture it on an adult just fine.

I've never heard of the Tweenies, and I'll be sure to make sure my husband doesn't run across it ;-)

The only manly adult association you could use to sway your husband is Gerard butlers character in the film "the bounty hunter"
My friends son is called milo and I quite like it but liked it more after watching that film and it helped me see it as an adult name. Maybe that's cos I love Gerard butler though 😁 xx

Have you ever watched The Tweenies? I think of the purple, slightly creepy one

I also thought of the tweenies!

Yep, the first thing that popped into my head was the theme tune 😂 they're all seriously creepy!

I'm sorry I don't know of any ways you could get him to like it. I couldn't get my OH to go with any of mine 😣

You could do the whole 'the baby will have your last name so I should pick the first name' thing but it didn't work for me.
Or youtube search some cute kids called Milo so he sees how the name works on a real human being.
I think its a cool name, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->