HELP?! need a good starter..

xcharx

Reaction score
:hi: everyone!!

Me & my 2 friends are doing a dinner on sat, were each doing a course.. I'm doing a starter but have no idea what to do!!!!

Need somethin quite light & not soup & not fish (they don't like fish)

Please help :flower:

Cx

Don't think my friend would eat peppers - she's really picky!!
Cx

Potato skins? Stuffed mushrooms? x

What about a garlic cheese bread or bruschetta. Or maybe even a dip like spinach dip or hot artichoke dip.

What kinds of things do your friends like?

https://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=t....,cf.osb&fp=958c9960ddde43cb&biw=1024&bih=676

This is one of my fav ever starters really yummy and even the pickiest of eaters seem to like it. If there funny with different cheeses you could always substitue the goats cheese for gruyere or something a little bit fancier.

Xx

She likes mushroom but I don't lol.. I was thinking of doing something with camembert cheese? Or spring rolls? Bruschetta sounds good :thumbup:

Cx

She likes mushroom but I don't lol.. I was thinking of doing something with camembert cheese? Or spring rolls? Bruschetta sounds good :thumbup:

Cx

Baked camembert.... yummm!

https://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/511743

Was about to say asparagus...lovely wrapped in Parma ham, baked, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic and Parmesan shavings...orrrr wrapped parma ham and served with an egg to dip into

Bruschetta is always delicious, you could do three different versions? Classic, a lovely mixed olive tapenade, artichokes or wild mushrooms

If you all like Camembert, bake one and serve with jersey royals, asparagus, crudités, sourdough bread chunks, chicory, apple...to dip in

A big antipasti or tapas platter

Parma ham, figs and blue cheese

Little tarts...as Charlotte mentioned, goats cheese and red onion...Brie and cranberry...Stilton, walnut and pear...

Pâté, with fab bread

Garlic Mushrooms.

Simple too, butter, garlic that has been thru a garlic press and huge mushrooms.

Chuck in a pan till mushrooms are cooked.

Gorgeous.

V xxx

Right I'm going to do the goats cheese & red onion tarts.. but I have no tart tray.. any ideas??!!!
Cx

You can do mini ones by using a muffin or fairy cake tin, and then just serve a couple per person?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->