Help?!? Need advice...

AJSunshine

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right forum as I am BRAND new here and don't know jack squat yet. But I really need advice. I am 23 and I tried for YEARS to conceive when I was with my ex. I never did. So I assumed I can't and am safe. I have normal cycles, but just could never conceive. It couldn't have been him because he had 3 kids with 3 other women. So the other day I went on a date with my new BF and we DTD for the first time since we got together, 4 times (tmi) unprotected, no pulling out method. I truly believe I am safe because I've never been able to conceive, and this was the day after my period ended, which I read is IMPOSSIBLE to conceive then. However 2 days later I started getting a weird pinching feeling mostly in my right ovary side. It stopped the next day, but then came back and I have had AF like cramps ever since. It has now been a week and I'm still crampy. AF isn't due for 2 weeks still so I'm scared. Today is exactly 14 days from the start of my last AF, and I should be ovulating, but today (TMI warning) I woke up to an UNREAL amount of CM that is NOT what I usually get during ovulation. I usually get EWCM that is clear, but today it is white, only slightly stretchy, and like lotion. Also, my cervix is up so high I cannot even reach it, which is not normal for me. I can always feel it even during ovulation. Idk what to do I'm so scared someone please give me advice I really thought I was safe I really don't think I can get pregnant but I'm starting to get terrified...so far those are the only symptoms other than being extra gassy and feeling like my back is pulling towards the ground :nope:

I'm no use to you on the symptoms front but have you taken a test? I wouldn't say it was impossible to get pregnant just after your period, you could have ovulated early and sperm can live inside you for days at a time. the only way to be 100% sure is to test or go to your doctor. Fingers crossed you get the result you want xx

I would first say I wouldn't assume you couldn't get pregnant just because you haven't in the past unless you have had your fertility tested and you know you're infertile. Who knows if you can? There are so many factors that regulate fertility and they can also be partner-specific, like it's possible you would have struggled to conceive with a previous partner, but that may not be the case with all partners. So if you don't want to be pregnant right now, use a condom or get on birth control. I wouldn't just try to guess.

That said, it's definitely unlikely that you could conceive straight after you've had your period, but it's not impossible (like the PP said, sperm can live up to a week). Though actually based on your symptoms and the unlikeliness of conceiving at that point in your cycle, what I'd probably be most worried about honestly is an STI. If it was a new partner and you've only recently started to have sex with him, the cramping and discharge could point to an infection. I would say I certainly didn't have cramping and lots of discharge at that point in my cycle when I was pregnant. But definitely they can be signs of an STI. They can also just be signs of stress and if you're worried about it, you might be noticing things you have every month anyway but don't actually notice. Either way, it's worth taking a test if your period doesn't show when you expect it too, but also get yourself checked out too so you know you don't have anything else to worry about, especially if you might want to get pregnant in the future.

This is very tmi but if you had sex 4 times then...well I experienced it with hubby in the early days...it might not be CM you are experiencing but actually your boyfriends semen!

On another note, I did conceive by youngest son by accident, we where using natural family planning and only having sex without pulling out when I thought I would not be in my fertile period - I actually ended up conceiving him on the last day of my period! So it can happen you can ovulate very early. I wouldn't bother testing right now either way as even if you ovulated early, with two weeks to go to Af it's a bit too early, maybe when Af is a week off you could do a test but even then you can't be sure until Af is due. Good luck X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->