Help! Need advice!

BethMaassen

Mom to 2 Princesses
Reaction score
I need opinions and advice PLEASE.

I have 2 daughters, 20 months apart. Both born via cesarean. The first EMCS and the second elective (because she was breech). I am now 8 months PP and my husband and want to go for #3.

And waiting is an option, but we'd rather start right away. I'd like them to stay very close in age, but the biggest most deciding factor for a rush is that my mother, who is on borrowed time as is was just diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure, ontop of her liver and heart failure, and dialysis will not work for her. And we really want to meet what will most likely her last grandchild before she passes. And even waiting 1 week might be too late.

We tried this month, but it was rushed and half-assed so we did not conceive. And we are on to my next cycle.

Is it safe though? Would I be putting me and the eventual baby at risk by getting pregnant again so soon? I have seen a lot of women only waiting 6 months. And my own mom waited only 5 months between me and my sister. And she had the vertical rather than the horizontal, which I heard is weaker, and she did just fine... (Then again that WAS 28 and 29 years ago)

What do you ladies think? (Sorry if I am in the wrong place, I do not know where else to put it)

Hi BethMaassen,
Sorry to hear what's going on with your mother, and after reading your post, it makes sense to me that you would want her to meet the possibly last grandchild. Ask your doctor what are your specific risks and if it sounds like another pregnancy is ok right now....Do it!

Hi BethMaassen,
Sorry to hear what's going on with your mother, and after reading your post, it makes sense to me that you would want her to meet the possibly last grandchild. Ask your doctor what are your specific risks and if it sounds like another pregnancy is ok right now....Do it!

I have emailed my primary physician. She will probably tell me go talk to my gynecologist. I am hoping my primary can answer the question though.

I believe to be safe they say wait a year before having another baby. But your doctor would be the best person to ask in this case.

I thought it was a year from what i read before.
But I asked a Dr in my maternity awhile back about it.
And her answer was not necessarily so,
Depends on individual circumstance.
Very vague answer, but still means not all Drs think a year.
Best of luck xxx

When we lost our son we wanted to try again very quickly. He was my second c section and it had been about 2 and a half years since I had my dd by c section. My ob told me to wait 6 months before trying again. I got pregnant 7 months postpartum and successfully had a 3rd c section at 39 weeks.

Thanks for all of you responding now.
My husband and I decided to go ahead and start trying after my original posts here.

I was advised after my section to not give birth until 2 years after so that would mean not getting pregnant until 1 year and 3 months from my section date. Definitely ask your doctor as getting pregnant too soon after is potentially dangerous!

So sorry about your mother! I know what it's like as my father died of lymphoma when I was 20.

My Dr said for some 6 months is ok to wait
But depends on the individual case
It increases the risk of uterine rupture
But I think after 6 months maybe the increase isn't that much?
U can hve uterine rupture with no previous section too.
I think its all to do with how increased the risk would be
It prob varies with age too.
I wouldn't imagine id be advised 2 years at 36 having this one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh