Help needed ... TTC :)

Kris

Reaction score
Hi ladies

i get very confused with how to tell when i Ovulate and when AF is due.... :wacko: Any help!!! :) AF started today and usully last for 3 days

https://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator

i've used this link to help me figure it out. from what i understand, most women ovulate sometime around 14 days before af is due.

good luck!

Yeah, if you use the rough guide to pinpoint your fertile window and then double check with cm (ew/w cm) that should help you to see when you're ovulating. OPKs are good as well 'cos they detect your LH surge 12-48 hours before ovulation. Temping is the only method that shows that you are definitely ovulating but this only becomes apparent AFTER ovulation due to a temp shift.

As for when AF comes, well that depends on the length of your LP. Sorry I can't be much help on this 'cos I'm temping for the first month so this is something that I'm currently checking to see also. I think though, that it's usual to be between 10-16 days after ovulation.

well wen ur dicharge goes all white an striny that wen u can tell ur ovalutin for sum women duno if that helped but good luck xx

Check your cervical mucus. Once a day put a clean finger inside yourself & see what comes out. If it's dry or creamy you're not fertile. If it's watery or like raw egg whites (ewcm) you are fertile and will probably ov in the next day or so.

If you don't fancy doing that, buy ovulation tests (but beware they often give false negatives).

If you want to be absolutely sure you've ov'd, you'll need to start charting your basal body temperature. Give us a shout if you need any help :hugs:

You need to find out the length of your follicular phase and as BritAcrossSea advised, the best method is temping - if you partner this with monitoring your CM - it can provide you with a better idea. I ovulate on day 12 of my cycle, so I am have a short FP, with a 15 day LP - everyone is different - if you take the average, you could miss your fertile window - unless you're :sex: like bunnies - then, you will probably fall pregnant quite quickly.

:dust: for you

unless you're :sex: like bunnies - then, you will probably fall pregnant quite quickly.

haha yeah we are :sex: like bunnies most months lol .... So maybe i might just leave it to chance that i fall but will definitely check my CM :thumbup:Great tips ladies, your all so helpful!

Until today i had no idea what to do and when to do it!!

:happydance: Thanks!

You need to find out the length of your follicular phase and as BritAcrossSea advised, the best method is temping - if you partner this with monitoring your CM - it can provide you with a better idea. I ovulate on day 12 of my cycle, so I am have a short FP, with a 15 day LP - everyone is different - if you take the average, you could miss your fertile window - unless you're :sex: like bunnies - then, you will probably fall pregnant quite quickly.

thanks for this advice caterpiller. i took a chance and used the optk earlier than usual and i got a positive. if i had waited for the average, i would have started testing about now. that means my ovulating was around the 14th-15th day of my cycle, and NOT the 19th day like the pamphlet in the kit says to start testing or as indicated by on-line calculators.

cheers! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->