Help on Bambino Mio nappies

mummy_mi

~*Mum to Chloe*~
Reaction score
Hi all :)

I'm trying to plan ahead and after doing some looking on the net I love the look of the Bambino Mio nappies, not only the cute patterned wraps but they also appear to be quite simple but long lasting. I've read a lot of both positive and negative reviews, altho some of them appear to have been written a long while ago.

Anyway I dont seem to have heard much about them when looking around these boards and was wondering if people could tell me their good, and bad, experiences with them, or other makes they found better or similar etc.

I'm also wondering whether to get a birth to potty kit, there are some new ones going on ebay, or whether to just pick up the bits separately?

And other then ebay does anyone have any other Bambino sites they buy from?

Sorry for the overload, I just dont want to get them and then regret it!

Many thanks to any comments :)

:hi: Hi there. The best advice I can give you is to get a few different types to try when your LO arrives, but don't commit to a specific brand yet because each baby is different and what works for one might leak like mad on another.

There is a bambino mio trial pack on sale (i got mine from boots) with a wrap and the prefold, so I would suggest you got that to try first rather than a full birth to potty pack just yet.

I have used a bambino mio and found it ok....the prefold didn't dry very quickly which is a problem for me as I don't have a drier. I also found the folding a bit of a hassle. On the plus side, it seemed very absorbant for wees, and held in runny bf poos on 2 occasions :thumbup:

This website is fab for info on cloth nappies https://www.clothnappytree.com

Hope this helps xxxx:hugs:

I think with the mios you either love them or you hate them.

Personally, i like using them inbetween using my bumgenius' and itti bittis. I don't like using the mios out because they need changing too frequently, as they're a prefold theres no microfibre keeping the wet away from your babies bum like with my pocket nappies. I air dry and they take about a day and a half. Some people just can't get on with the nappies because they can't do the folds aswell.

I wouldn't go buying anythin like the birth to potty pack until you've tried the nappies. As everyone says though, whilst it works out a little bit more expensive, it is better to get a variety of nappies at first until you find out what works best for you and your baby rather than spending £200 on one kind of nappy you end up hating.

If theres anythin particular you want to know just ask :hugs:

I went through the same dilemma with my 1st baby... do I or don't. Was it worth the hassle and all the washing and drying that comes with them or is just easier to put on a disposable and then throw it away when I need to.

After many arguments in my head and chats with my BF we choose to buy the birth to potty pack.

If i'm honest I prefer to use the disposable nappies but that is just for convienance more than anything. My little one is 11mth now and we have used them since birth. At first we used newborn pampers just for the messiness of the first few toilet habits but then we started using the Bambino Mio all the time expect on a night when it's better to use a disposable just for the comfort of the baby coz they can get pretty wet.

Once you get used to the folds and a tip for this... ironing them makes them easier to fold and alot less bulkier.

If you are worried about what to do get a trail pack then you will be able to see if this is for you, I am currently expecting our 2nd baby and will be using them again so its a :thumbup: from me.

Hope this helps x

Thanks so much for replying ladies, I will see if I can pick up a few trial packs from the big Boots stores first before committing, I just see so many bargains on ebay!!

I'll deff be using disposables in the first few weeks, I'm sure I'll have enough on my hands then! But then I'll try out the reuseables inbetween and decide.

It's interesting to know about night time nappies, do most people use reuseables during the day and disposable during the night or is this the only problem with Mios?

We have a variety of nappies and the mio's are my hubbys favourites. I like them too.

i use disposbales at night but am hoping to turn to cloth when i'm feeling brave enough!

I don't think the mios would hold up at night tbh and even if they did i don't like the idea of the moisture being so close to her skin, i prefer pocket nappies at they have the dry microfibre to wick wee away.

I got some Mios for free and I actually really like them,was a bit unsure about whole folding thing but they work really well.I use Pockets at night as lilbimp said they are not the ideal night nappy!.x

you can easily buy variety but they're not normally available in store! which is really annoying. the mothercare website stocks quiet a few different types now but you can't go instore to look at them etc.

I went for the variety approach, i have a stash of about 14 different types of nappy now. albeit a couple of each, different types/styles/shapes and alot of them were preloved, so much cheaper. i basically spent the equivalent of my HIP grant +£25 and i now have about 56 nappies (some are new, and those we don't like (new or preloved we will sell on)

i know not everyone is keen to buy preloved but they're always laundered by the seller before shipping and even better for the environment as they're not then ending up in landfill :happydance:

i've got a whole load of mios that i'm simply too lazy to use now :dohh: once katie moved up to size 2 i did use them at night, i just used a size 1 in there as a booster!

if you're interested i'm looking to sell mine, well the size 2s anyway, think i might give them another go with #2 for the first little while!

I don't use them during the night just on case he goes for a poo (sorry TMI) because he doesn't let you know when he has been it would be unfair for him i think, plus at birth I was worried because of the bulkyness that he would tip over a silly thought I know but I couldnt get it out of my head. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->