Help on Fertility Friend ???

thanks hun, i hope not as it would mean 3 scars on my shoulder and i have a long scar on my arm from operation last year

Hello ladie's.

Honeycheek's i need you advice well help. When you went to doc's about you breast milk, what did you say cause im a little lost on how to ask/say. Im off to doc's tomorrow so hope to hear from you soon. x x x

Hello ladie's.

Honeycheek's i need you advice well help. When you went to doc's about you breast milk, what did you say cause im a little lost on how to ask/say. Im off to doc's tomorrow so hope to hear from you soon. x x x

I dont remember exactly what was your problem, were you suddenly leaking breast milk?

Prolactin is the hormone needed for breast milk production. So if you are leaking breast milk and not breast feeding and do not have a newborn , then it is a visible indication that your prolactin might be high, so you might want to do a blood test to check your prolactin.

Why do you need to test prolactin? Because high levels of prolactin can interfere with other hormones related to ovulation and can stop the natural ovulation process. So when TTC it is important to have the prolactin levels in control.

Once you get pregnant, the prolactin levels slowly rise to prepare the body for breast feeding, and is not a cause of worry.

I hope this helps. Good luck Jessica

Thank you my lovly honeycheek's. x x x :D

Well i got to doc's and all i said was...

''Since i came to see you in jan iv found out that i could have high prolactin due to still having breast milk and not breast feeding''

Doc checked my rec's and there was nothink on there about me coming in to see him in jan so he asked me to go though it with him again.

So i told him me and oh have been TTC for 21month's now with no luck.

He said if he had relised it had be longer then 18month's then he would have sent me for test's then, so just prove's he wasnt listening when i went to see him in jan.

So He said about the 21day blood test and i told him i was on CD20 today. So he gave me a blood test form for...

* Full blood count

* Urea, Electrolytes, Creatinine

* Live function test

* Thyroid function test

* FHS/LH

* Day 21 Progesterone & prolactin.

Which im having done tomorrow at CD21. What great timing hay.

Then im off to doc's on the 4th of april for him to explain the result's to me.

So im really happy today and glad he was on my side. :D:D:D

Thank you my lovly honeycheek's. x x x :D

Well i got to doc's and all i said was...

''Since i came to see you in jan iv found out that i could have high prolactin due to still having breast milk and not breast feeding''

Doc checked my rec's and there was nothink on there about me coming in to see him in jan so he asked me to go though it with him again.

So i told him me and oh have been TTC for 21month's now with no luck.

He said if he had relised it had be longer then 18month's then he would have sent me for test's then, so just prove's he wasnt listening when i went to see him in jan.

So He said about the 21day blood test and i told him i was on CD20 today. So he gave me a blood test form for...

* Full blood count

* Urea, Electrolytes, Creatinine

* Live function test

* Thyroid function test

* FHS/LH

* Day 21 Progesterone & prolactin.

Which im having done tomorrow at CD21. What great timing hay.

Then im off to doc's on the 4th of april for him to explain the result's to me.

So im really happy today and glad he was on my side. :D:D:D

Jessica, thats great that you are getting the tests done soon. But the LH and FSH are tests to be done on cd3 of your cycle. And the day 21 tests are actually tests which need to be done on 7 dpo . So if you are sure you ovulated on cd 14 then it makes sense to do it on cd 21.
LH and FSH tests makes sense only if done on cd 3 as they determine whether your hormones are in the right balance to encourage ovulation. So there is no point in doing it post Ov.
Among the others only progesterone needs to be done exactly or approximately 7dpo other tests can be done any day.
Good luck with the tests.:thumbup:

Thank's hun, And i did have them all done on CD21. But my doctor told me to, but when i go see him on the 4th of april for my result's i will mention what you said. Do you think i will have to have it re done and because i had it on CD21 can my result's for LH/FSH be faulty/incerrect???? x x x

Thank's hun, And i did have them all done on CD21. But my doctor told me to, but when i go see him on the 4th of april for my result's i will mention what you said. Do you think i will have to have it re done and because i had it on CD21 can my result's for LH/FSH be faulty/incerrect???? x x x

LH/FSH ratio plays a huge role in determining whether you have any issues ovulating on your own or not. So it is best to get it re-done on cd 3

Thank's hun. Aint seeing my doctor untill the 4th and i will be around CD3 then so if i get him to get it re done then will it be ok to do it on cd4. x x x

Thank's hun, I keep that in mind so when i go back i can mention it. :D x x x

Got my result's...
* Full blood count - Normal
* Urea, Electrolytes, Creatinine - Cant remember lol but it dont matter i'll just ask doc on wednesday.
* Live function test - redone due to being a little high.
* Thyroid function test - Redone due to 2 different result's.
* FHS/LH - little low
* Day 21 Progesterone - 38.1 (is this good or bad)
* prolactin - 164mu/L (is this good or bad)

Got my result's...
* Full blood count - Normal
* Urea, Electrolytes, Creatinine - Cant remember lol but it dont matter i'll just ask doc on wednesday.
* Live function test - redone due to being a little high.
* Thyroid function test - Redone due to 2 different result's.
* FHS/LH - little low
* Day 21 Progesterone - 38.1 (is this good or bad)
* prolactin - 164mu/L (is this good or bad)

FSH and LH, do you know the values? which one was low?
Progesterone is good. It confirms that you have ovulated
Prolactin is also well within limits. I think the units are mIU/ml. Thats what was on my reports.

Om hun im not sure, as there the result's the office gave me but im off to see my doc on wednesday for him to explain the result's to me, so I will get him to print them out and i'll let you know. x x x

Om hun im not sure, as there the result's the office gave me but im off to see my doc on wednesday for him to explain the result's to me, so I will get him to print them out and i'll let you know. x x x

LH or FSH being low doesnt matter as long as you are ovulating. Since you progesterone levels confirm that you are ovulating, it is nothing of a concern. I think your tests are good.

Thank's hun,

Do you know what it mean's if my liver function test's are a little high???? x x x

Thank's hun,

Do you know what it mean's if my liver function test's are a little high???? x x x

no dear, i have no idea. I have never done a liver function test and i dont know what the results could mean for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->