HELP! +OPKs after O & WHAT is going on!?

melewen

Reaction score
Ladies, I'm so confused and frustrated. My cycles have never been this way so I don't get what's going on! This is my 3rd month charting and this cycle I'm using Fertility Blend, and added zinc, calcium, and red raspberry capsules (used to drink the tea so just replaced the medium). I eliminated soy from my diet, which we used to eat a LOT of, and I read can delay your O and lower your ovulation-related hormones.. anyway, on to the saga..

My pre-O temps have been a little wonky this cycle, some spiking higher than normal, so there's that. I drank grapefruit juice most pre-O days this cycle..

Starting CD11 I had fertile CM, EWCM on CD11, then watery for 3 days, then EWCM, 1 day watery, 1 day EWCM, then 2 days watery. I had negative OPKs from CD10 to CD14 and on CD15, started getting positives. On CD16 I got the non-blinking smiley on the CB Adv. Digital (they say that's your highest fertile day and means BD that day and the next, so I'm assuming it's basically just a really + OPK result. I didn't test with it the day before so no way to know when it would have originally shown). I got +OPKs from CD15 to CD17 then on CD18 a negative OPK. I had O'd on CD18 the last two months so figured I just O'd a day early, on CD17. I've gotten +OPKs again CD19, CD20, and I'm CD21 today.

Yesterday I got a positive with up & up in the morning and in the afternoon got a negative on Clearblue Adv. Digi AND up & up. This morning I got a clear positive on my up & up strip test, then this afternoon got a clear negative on the up & up and a positive blinking smiley (blinks one day before the solid smiley, so I figure O-2 is what it's thinking) on the CB. Aaaaaand that was the final straw that prompted me to post BEGGING for help.

//////
CD11: temp above coverline, EWCM, -OPK
CD12: temp above coverline, watery CM, -OPK
CD13: temp above coverline, watery CM, -OPK
CD14: temp above coverline, watery CM, -OPK
CD15: temp above coverline, EWCM, +OPK
CD16: temp above coverline, watery CM, +OPK
CD17: temp near lowest of cycle, EWCM (estrogen maybe, like with temp drop?), +OPK
CD18: temp above coverline, watery CM, -OPK
CD19: temp above coverline, EWCM, watery AND creamy CM (progression), -OPK with Internet strip, CB Adv. Digi, up & up; +OPK with $ Tree (super sensitive)
CD20: temp above coverline, creamy CM, +OPK with up & up with FMU, -OPK with up & up in afternoon
CD21: temp above coverline, creamy CM, +OPK with up & up with FMU, -OPK with up & up in afternoon, +OPK with CB Adv. Digi in afternoon
//////

My temps rose as my chart shows and after 3 days FF gave me CH on CD17. Then I added in my +OPKs starting CD19 and FF MOVED my CH so that it shows I O'd on CD15. Two days earlier than I thought.

However, if I put in 3 future dummy temps around the same temp I had today, it moves my CH to CD20. WHAT! On CD19 I had some EWCM in the morning then it changed to watery then finally creamy that night, which it has been ever since.

I then adjusted my temps for two days when I woke up early and couldn't decide between two WILDLY different temps, and it moves my O date to CD17 again.

I'm just so freaking confused. It would be *VERY* unusual and totally unprecedented for me to have such a large cluster of temps above my regular coverline (97.0ºF) BEFORE ovulation so just, ugh. WTF. Someone please help, give me your idea of what the heck is going on!

In terms of symptoms I had some light AF-style cramps and felt very lightheaded after my run and the rest of the day on what FF says is 5DPO (very similar to cycle #1 when I had a CP), and some light twinges and general tinkering feeling in my uterus. But I think I had that last month possibly. I have a heightened sense of smell and nothing sounds good to eat, which is really unusual since uh, I'm a food blogger! Anyway, I'm just so stressed by this. We stopped BD'ing on CD18, so if I O'd on CD20 I feel like we're pretty out. Le sigh.

That's so frustrating!
I've always heard you should stop testing for ovulation after you get your first positive. What counts is the beginning of the surge. So I would go with cd17 as your O day. There is no way of knowing for sure. Hopefully you get a bfp this month but if not then based on your normal luteal phase you can work out to what day you ovulated and know for future.

That's so frustrating!
I've always heard you should stop testing for ovulation after you get your first positive. What counts is the beginning of the surge. So I would go with cd17 as your O day. There is no way of knowing for sure. Hopefully you get a bfp this month but if not then based on your normal luteal phase you can work out to what day you ovulated and know for future.

You're right. And if I had stopped testing I wouldn't be going through this at all, right?! I guess I was just worried about O'ing early or the Fertility Blend making me O late. But yes you're very right!! My temps are just funky this cycle so I'm generally worn out by it. What FF has sort of settled on seems and feels right for me, and the CH are now solid. And our BD pattern is good; I also put in some dummy temps and it didn't change my O day so I'm sticking with that!!

I would be careful with the supplements if you normally ovulate on your own , stay away from vitex which is in fertility blend, vitex can mess up your cycle and cause high LH all cycle. it can be helpful to women having trouble ovulating but if your regular , I would just take a multivitamin. also grapefruit juice really raises estrogen so I wouldn't drink it very often.

I may be wrong but i looked at your other cycles and you always have an ovulation dip in your temps, followed by a fall-back rise (temp goes up 1 dpo, then falls 2 dpo). So far, it looks like CD 17 you ovulated. Technically you could say that on CD 20 that was your ovulation dip, and then CD 22 was your fall-back rise, however, I still don't think that is the case. My reasoning is because on your previous charts, it looks like you typically get your second estrogen surge around 6 dpo (temp always goes lower at that dpo for you). This cycle, it looks like it might be 1 day earlier at 5 dpo which happens frequently. in fact, I get mine every cycle between 5-7 dpo.

So I am pretty sure you're 5 dpo. I do know the CB advanced fertility monitor picks up on estrogen, so maybe you had a really strong LH surge and then it's picking up the estrogen? Not gonna lie, I totally just conjured that up and I doubt that is the case but technically it could make sense lol.

I may be wrong but i looked at your other cycles and you always have an ovulation dip in your temps, followed by a fall-back rise (temp goes up 1 dpo, then falls 2 dpo). So far, it looks like CD 17 you ovulated. Technically you could say that on CD 20 that was your ovulation dip, and then CD 22 was your fall-back rise, however, I still don't think that is the case. My reasoning is because on your previous charts, it looks like you typically get your second estrogen surge around 6 dpo (temp always goes lower at that dpo for you). This cycle, it looks like it might be 1 day earlier at 5 dpo which happens frequently. in fact, I get mine every cycle between 5-7 dpo.

So I am pretty sure you're 5 dpo. I do know the CB advanced fertility monitor picks up on estrogen, so maybe you had a really strong LH surge and then it's picking up the estrogen? Not gonna lie, I totally just conjured that up and I doubt that is the case but technically it could make sense lol.

That's what I was thinking!! I ALWAYS seem to have a fallback rise so cd15 makes sense but that would make me 7dpo right? The only trouble is the +OPK which didn't start TIL cd17. Ugh what the hell!

Honestly, I'd still go with 5 dpo. Because you (like me) seem to have a quick temp rise right before your temp dip at ovulation. I notice i usually get a low, then a high, then a low, then a high, then a very low (at ovulation) then my high (temp spike, 1 dpo). so mine looks like a mountain range right before O.
Yours seems to have just a quick rise, then an ovulation dip, then it goes way up 1 dpo and a fall-back rise at 2dpo.

ALSO, looking at your chart, it makes sense that you're 5 dpo. I notice personally I get sensitive nipples/breast about 2 days after I ovulate. Your first +opk was probably caught very early in the surge and so (like they say) you ovulated about 48hours after your surge.
If i were you, i'd feel pretty confident about being 5dpo (almost 6!). You covered your bases just fine regardless, but I'd count you at 5 dpo.

Thanks so much for all your help :) when you say 5dpo do you mean by my chart as it was currently or by when I posted? It's just all so damn confusing, and my cycles are usually so easy to read! I also had a low temp this morning, about like yesterday's so I'm basically just feeling out about this go round anyway :(

Thanks so much for all your help :) when you say 5dpo do you mean by my chart as it was currently or by when I posted? It's just all so damn confusing, and my cycles are usually so easy to read! I also had a low temp this morning, about like yesterday's so I'm basically just feeling out about this go round anyway :(

I meant that I believe FF got your crosshairs correct :) the low temps make total sense if you're having your second estrogen surge right now. I remember looking at one of your previous charts last night, and one of them you had a 2 day dip from 6-7 dpo. This one is a 5-6 dpo surge :)

I meant that I believe FF got your crosshairs correct :) the low temps make total sense if you're having your second estrogen surge right now. I remember looking at one of your previous charts last night, and one of them you had a 2 day dip from 6-7 dpo. This one is a 5-6 dpo surge :)

You are AWESOME! So you don't think the low temps are anything to worry about? I guess if they're still low tomorrow.. then yuck. But yes, I would love to think I'm further away from O but the +OPKs make no sense. Why I had 3 days of +OPKs after O I still don't understand.. maybe I'm a twins kinda gal? Meh. They're still dark but not quite positive right now

You are AWESOME! So you don't think the low temps are anything to worry about? I guess if they're still low tomorrow.. then yuck. But yes, I would love to think I'm further away from O but the +OPKs make no sense. Why I had 3 days of +OPKs after O I still don't understand.. maybe I'm a twins kinda gal? Meh. They're still dark but not quite positive right now

I usually get a couple days where i think they're almost positive but it's just not quite. Starting last month I began using Clear Blue digital and just counting when I see the smiley face once i start getting dark lines on my wondfo OPK. That hasn't steered me wrong yet.

My chart that I got preggo with twins (may-july) was an ugly chart. Here I added it if you want to see. It had a fallback rise (slight but there) and my second estrogen surge came at 4 dpo.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4b6ed4

I usually get a couple days where i think they're almost positive but it's just not quite. Starting last month I began using Clear Blue digital and just counting when I see the smiley face once i start getting dark lines on my wondfo OPK. That hasn't steered me wrong yet.

My chart that I got preggo with twins (may-july) was an ugly chart. Here I added it if you want to see. It had a fallback rise (slight but there) and my second estrogen surge came at 4 dpo.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4b6ed4

Oh goodness DH and I were JUST talking about the possibility of twins. I had strong positive OPK's after the "day off" in the middle there. The only weirdness is my two days of low temps. Bleh! But that chart IS pretty ugly and that gives me hope.. :)

It was bad. I was waking up each morning thinking ewww i don't want to put that temp in lol! But hey Ill take an ugly chart for that BFP any day haha.

It was bad. I was waking up each morning thinking ewww i don't want to put that temp in lol! But hey Ill take an ugly chart for that BFP any day haha.

I'm with you!! FX that my chart is the same!!

Well let me know how it goes! I am still bleeding so I have a ways to go :p I am feeling hopeful about this cycle because on the other ones since the M/C, my man kinda fell off from the idea of TTC (I think stress, not sure). All the sudden since AF came, he is excited about TTC again and keeps talking about all the stuff he wants to do with our future child. IDK where it came from but I will take it lol. The month we conceived, he was really gung-ho about having a baby as well. It'll be more relaxing for me instead of worrying if he was going to pull out while we had sex. He never pulled out or anything before, but sex wasn't as enjoyable due to my fear of him changing his mind.

Well let me know how it goes! I am still bleeding so I have a ways to go :p I am feeling hopeful about this cycle because on the other ones since the M/C, my man kinda fell off from the idea of TTC (I think stress, not sure). All the sudden since AF came, he is excited about TTC again and keeps talking about all the stuff he wants to do with our future child. IDK where it came from but I will take it lol. The month we conceived, he was really gung-ho about having a baby as well. It'll be more relaxing for me instead of worrying if he was going to pull out while we had sex. He never pulled out or anything before, but sex wasn't as enjoyable due to my fear of him changing his mind.

I totally get that! My hubs gets weird about it too. But then today he said ok I'm ready let's go! I was like honey...... Not helpful. Feeling so nauseated tonight that I had to make DH dinner and haven't eaten yet myself, some pinches and a throbbing headache on one side of my head. So random. Could just be stress so easily though!

Bleh, if I switch my FF settings from advanced to FAM it takes my CH away entirely. What do you think?? Still think cd 17 is accurate? My post O temps are pretty close to what they normally are but my pre-O temps were crazy!

Yep you definitely O'd the day FF says you did (on advanced). Plus look at that nice high temp today! See, just an estrogen surge ;)

You're right :) Thanks for putting up with my crazy!! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"