Help planning #2

A_Z

Reaction score
Hey all! I thought you might be able to help me figure out some timing issues.

OH and I are both starting new jobs in September. OH will be able to take summers off, which could make it a really good time to have #2. Here's the problem, though. If I want to have #2 at the start of the summer so that he's around during mat leave and then can stay home with new LO for a while after, it would mean trying to get pregnant immediately after starting my job.

New job looks like it will be amazing, but it's going to be very stressful getting started. I would be nervous about getting pregnant right away, partially because I don't know if I'll have settled in by early summer, and also because my first trimester with #1 was miserable. I was a wreck at work.

So our options are: 1) go for it and assume it'll work out for the best when LO arrives, 2) wait until next fall to try for following summer, which would result in a longer age gap than we want (3.5 years), or 3) just try whenever seems best and not worry about taking advantage of my husband being able to be at home for a few months with the baby.

Any thoughts or advice? Btdt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->